5:00 pm [HN] - Eleanor Shroads & Bess Stipetich (Garett & Carol Shroads)
8:30 am [SH] - Dan, Ann, Danny Toboz (Larry & Donna Lusckay)
10:00 am [HN] - Florence Abbatangelo (grandchildren)
12:00 pm [HN] - Thanksgiving for Lenten Reachout (Grateful Shut-in Parishioner)
12:00 pm [HN] - Dorothy Michaels (Christian Mothers)
12:00 pm [SH] - Michael Sokol (Bob Mozes)
12:00 pm [HN] - Leo Rusteikas (wife, Evelyn)
6:00 pm [SH] - Mary Lou Gedman (M/M Don Wieczenski)
8:00 am [HN] - Jean Hodgson (family)
5:00 pm [HN] - Jennery Falvo (M/M Al Durica)
8:30 am [SH] - Steve & Helen Kollar (daughters)
10:00 am [HN] - Malachi Urbini (family)
May 19 - Saturday, 5:00 pm - Faith & Frank Provance
May 20 - Sunday, 10:00 am - Josh Revak & Trey Manspeaker
This coming Thursday, May 17 is the Feast of the Ascension and a Holy Day. The Mass schedule is as follows: Thursday – 12 Noon - Holy Name and Thursday – 6 PM – St. Hedwig.
CONGRATULATIONS CCD STUDENTS
following students had “Perfect Attendance” this past catechetical year. We would like to thank them and most especially their parents for taking this responsibility seriously.
Kindergarten: Anna Beresnyak, Bella Beresnyak, Emmet Chesleigh, Abby Kirkwood, Corey Kuszaj Grade 1: Niyah Hill, Jake Johnson, Athena Steinbruegge, Derek Taylor, Erica Thomas Grade 2: Mia DeOrio, Kamryn Kameg, Alexander Logue, Keagan Provident, Zachary Ruffing, Emily Seeman, Ryan Thielet Grade 3 Brandon Janusek, Bailey Kovar, Jonathan Kovar, Joey Mellon, Jordan Rogers, Logan Thomas Grade 4 Alyssa Deacon, McKechnie Duda, Luciano Logue, Hailey Morgart, Cassidy Newmyer, Alyssa Ruhl, Colby Steinbruegge, Olivia Studnicki, Julia Vislosky Grade 5 Gavin Hornyak, Racheal Hornyak, Joseph Jacobs, Shane Kuszaj Grade 6 Stephen Jacobs Grade 8 Paul Balaban, Mark Mashoney, Justin Molanick, Ethan Zabelsky.
RECRUITING ALTAR SERVERS
We are in the process of recruiting altar servers to serve at our weekend Masses. Any boy or girl, 5th grade and older is invited to participate in this special ministry to serve at the altar. We will be recruiting during the summer and begin training when school starts, so that you will be ready for the Fall scheduling time frame. I hope parents encourage their children to participate. If interested, give Fr. Dennis a call.
WELCOME NEW MEMBERS
We welcome Peter, Kim and Margaret Loceff, who have joined our parish this week.
WEEKEND SUMMER SEASON MASS SCHEDULE BEGINS THIS WEEKEND MAY 5 & 6
The Summer Season Mass schedule begins this weekend of May 5/6 is as follows: Saturday evening – 5:00 pm – Holy Name; Sunday – 8:30 am – St. Hedwig; Sunday – 10:00 am – Holy Name. This schedule goes from May 5/6 to August 25/26.
May 3 - #233 – (Freda Farrah); May 4 - #319 – (unreturned/not purchased); May 5 - #608 – (Jim Marsilio); May 6 - #687 – (unreturned/not purchased); May 7 - #667 – (unreturned/not purchased); May 8 - #460 – (unreturned/not purchased); May 9 - #979 – (Stella Knapp).
CHRISTIAN MOTHERS NEWS
The Christian Mothers and Guild will meet on Tuesday, May 15 beginning with the Rosary at 11:45 in Holy Name Church followed by Mass at 12 noon. The crowning of the Blessed Mother will take place by one of the members. The program will consist of a discussion on blood pressure and strokes with member, Bernice Bitkowski leading.
EIGHTH ANNUAL "ED CAPRISTO" MEMORIAL GOLF OUTING NEWS
Plans are underway for our 8th annual golf outing. This week we are sending our invitations to businesses, golfers and friends of our parishes, as well as the golf outing raffle tickets to all of our parishioners. This way we can hopefully maximize our proceeds which benefit both of our parishes.
- Golf Outing Raffle Tickets: Parishioners of both of our parishes who have participated previously are being sent five (5) at $2.00 each (with 2 chances to win) to buy or sell. The raffle is an “All Cash Raffle.” The winning number gets $1,000.00. The number one above gets $250.00 and the number one below gets $250.00. The winning number will be based on the 4 digit nightly number on the PA Lottery for June 18, 2012. BONUS PRIZE - $10,000.00. If one of the 3 winning tickets hits on the 4 digit nightly drawing of the PA Lottery on July 4, 2012, we will give a $10,000.00 cash prize.
- Extra Tickets: If you need more tickets after you receive yours, stop by Holy Name or St. Joseph rectory and we will give you as many as you need OR mail us your donation for extra tickets and we will send the extra tickets that you requested to you. We hope you will buy your tickets. These will make a great Father’s Day gift.
BREAST CANCER BENEFIT - THANK YOU
We would like to take this opportunity to thank anyone who in anyway helped make the recently held “Breast Cancer Awareness” Benefit such a huge success. The committee of over 20 people is grateful to the 209 people who attended as well as those who donated over 60 specialty baskets, desserts & appetizers, made cash donations or made donations in memory or in honor of someone. When all the bills are submitted, we will announce the profit from this event.
SINGING FOR THE LORD
One of the keystones and hallmarks of our wonderful liturgies in the parishes in the City of Duquesne is our Music Ministry. Did you ever think this is something that God is calling you to be a part of or participate in? Did God bless you with a good voice or music ability? If so, then you should not keep it for yourself, since you enjoy singing and listening to the choir or the music in church. We are a fun and friendly group of men and women, who love embellishing our liturgies with music.
- Recruiting New Members: We are now recruiting new members for the choir. Whether you are an accomplished musician or one who sings in the shower, this is an excellent opportunity for you to be part of something wonderful – “Singing for the Lord.” No experience necessary. We need voices in ALL ranges.
- Time & Commitment: The choir rehearses on Tuesday evening from 7:30 – 9:30 pm. Come try us out at our next rehearsal on May 8. We will be beginning our work for Christmas, so now is the perfect time to join. For more information or answer your questions, contact Debbie (412-853-7354) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org.)
PROTECTING GOD'S CHILDREN
We will be hosting this workshop for anyone who has not yet completed this requirement as well as the paperwork to acquire their necessary clearances so that they may be able to volunteer and/or work in the parishes. The workshop will be held in the Holy Name Hall on Saturday, May 19 beginning at 9:00 am.
In light of the recent allegations at Penn State, I would think that everyone would be willing to protect themselves, the parish, their pastor and most especially anyone who has been victimized. Our goal is to have everyone compliant by the end of 2012.
- How to become compliant: Fill out the necessary paperwork by picking it up at the rectory or going online. You may contact the safe environment coordinator, Colleen Whitney at email@example.com. Attend the workshop to be held on May 19, 2012. To register contact Terry Fuller firstname.lastname@example.org or call the rectory (412-469-0196.)
Acts 9: 26 - 31 1 John: 3: 18 - 24 John 15: 1 - 8
$ 4,479.00 - May 6, 2012 Offertory
$ 1,016.05 - Parish Upkeep & Maintenance
$ 265.00 - Love Gift Donations (9)
NEXT WEEK'S SECOND ENVELOPE
Next week's second envelope will be for Catholic Relief Services.