5:00 pm [HN] Steve & Anna Harchar (dgtr., Gertrude)
9:00 am [SJ] - Matilda Belan (Mickey & Steffie Petrozza)
11:30 am [HN] - Frank Pych (wife & daughters)
12:00 pm [HN] - John Bitkowski (Ken & Diane Awenowicz)
12:00 pm [HN] - Joelle Mendicino (friends)
12:00 pm [HN] - Deceased of the Ragan & Adams Fams. (Bill & Mary)
12:00 pm [HN] - Cheryl Carek (mom & dad)
8:00 am [SJ] - Al Salopek & family (wife)
Next Saturday/Sunday5:00 pm [HN] John & Mary Kostley (family)
8:30 am [SH] - RandyMarciniec (Tom Kolodziej)
10:00 am [HN] - Carl Denne & John Dubyak (family)
May 5 - Saturday, 5:00 pm - Faith & Frank Provance
May 6 - Sunday, 10:00 am - Paul Ruhl & Owen Provident
WEEKEND SUMMER SEASON MASS SCHEDULE BEGINS MAY 5 & 6
The Summer Season Mass schedule begins the weekend of May 5/6 is as follows: Saturday evening – 5:00 pm – Holy Name; Sunday – 8:30 am – St. Hedwig; Sunday – 10:00 am – Holy Name. This schedule goes from May 5/6 to August 25/26.
CALLING ALL FIRST COMMUNICANTS
We would like to remind all those children who made their First Holy Communion the last 2 weekends, April 21 & 28, that you are invited to come to Mass next weekend May 5 & 6 and wear your first communion outfits. Fr. Dennis will call you up at each Mass so all the parishioners will have the opportunity to witness your celebration of the Sacrament of the Eucharist this year.
A VISIT FROM THE VICAR
I have been informed by Fr. Fred Cain, VF, the Vicar of our vicariate #2 that he will be making his pastoral visit to both of our parishes on June 7, 2012. All staff members are expected to make themselves present and available on that day beginning at 2:00 pm. Fr. Cain will convene a meeting with all office staff, music ministers, CCD program manager, and maintenance personnel. At 4:00 pm, he will meet with the pastor. At 6:30 pm, he will meet jointly with both Pastoral Council and Finance Council members of both parishes. The meetings will take place in the Holy Name Hall.
Congratulations to the families of Miley Jean Stasa and Gander James Gaydos who are being baptized this weekend.
April 18 - #775 (Tara Hoover); April 19 - #134 (not purchased, not returned); April 20 - #937 (Margaret Colella); April 21 - #010 (Ian Cerpani); April 22 - #688 (Mary Yenavich); April 23 - #447 (Linda Kuk); April 24 - #098 (Paula Zabelsky); April 25 - #751 (Pat McManus.)
SINGING FOR THE LORD
One of the keystones and hallmarks of our wonderful liturgies in the parishes in the City of Duquesne is our Music Ministry. Did you ever think this is something that God is calling you to be a part of or participate in? Did God bless you with a good voice or music ability? If so, then you should not keep it for yourself, since you enjoy singing and listening to the choir or the music in church. We are a fun and friendly group of men and women, who love embellishing our liturgies with music.
- Recruiting New Members: We are now recruiting new members for the choir. Whether you are an accomplished musician or one who sings in the shower, this is an excellent opportunity for you to be part of something wonderful – “Singing for the Lord.” No experience necessary. We need voices in ALL ranges.
- Time & Commitment: The choir rehearses on Tuesday evening from 7:30 – 9:30 pm. Come try us out at our next rehearsal on May 8. We will be beginning our work for Christmas, so now is the perfect time to join. For more information or answer your questions, contact Debbie (412-853-7354) or email (email@example.com.)
MOTHER'S DAY HOAGIE SALE
The weekend of May 12/13 is Mother’s Day weekend and we are planning another homemade hoagie sale. Instead of or in addition to flowers or candy, think about giving Mom a mouthwatering gift that she will truly appreciate – “A CLW Homemade Hoagie.” You can call in your orders by calling Holy Name Rectory or pick them up before or after the weekend Masses or stop by Saturday morning from 9:30 am – 11:30 am.
- Volunteers: we usually have over 30 volunteers but “the more the merrier.” We want to expand our sales at some point so hopefully you will consider helping out. It usually takes about 3 hours to complete our tasks. Just come around 8 am, it is fun and you get to meet new enthusiastic people from both parishes who help out.
- Sellers: we also have had an increase of people taking “Hoagie Signup Sheets” to work and delivering them on Monday. Bring in lunch for $5.00. Once they have had ours, they soon become regular customers.
ATTENTION: LECTORS, EUCHARISTIC MINISTERS, ALTAR SERVERS
Your “Summer Schedules” are being emailed to you this week. Please check them carefully so you can get a substitute when you are scheduled and if you are going to be away.
PROTECTING GOD'S CHILDREN
We will be hosting this workshop for anyone who has not yet completed this requirement as well as the paperwork to acquire their necessary clearances so that they may be able to volunteer and/or work in the parishes. The workshop will be held in the Holy Name Hall on Saturday, May 19 beginning at 9:00 am.
In light of the recent allegations at Penn State, I would think that everyone would be willing to protect themselves, the parish, their pastor and most especially anyone who has been victimized. Our goal is to have everyone compliant by the end of 2012.
- How to become compliant: Fill out the necessary paperwork by picking it up at the rectory or going online. You may contact the safe environment coordinator, Colleen Whitney at firstname.lastname@example.org. Attend the workshop to be held on May 19, 2012. To register contact Terry Fuller email@example.com or call the rectory (412-469-0196.)
KNIGHTS OF COLUMBUS NEWS
Tootsie Roll Drive” - for the benefit of McGuire Home and St. Anthony School. The Knights will be receiving donations for these worthy causes after all weekend Masses, April 28 & 29. “Night at the Races” on Saturday, May 5. Admission - $5.00 (includes a light buffet). Horses - $5.00. BYOB. For tickets and information, call Matt Gracan (412-466-0500) or Dave Palcsey Jr. (412-672-6222).
VICTIM'S ASSISTANCE HOTLINE
If you are a victim of abuse, the Diocese offers assistance with counseling, spiritual direction and referrals to other supportive services. Call the Diocesan Coordinator (1-888-808-1235.)
Acts 4: 8 - 12 1 John: 3: 1- 2 John 10: 11 - 18
$ 2,953.10 - April 22, 2012 Offertory
$ 758.00 - Parish Religious Education Programs
$ 50.00 - St. Hedwig Furnace Donations Received This Week ($18,066.00 total so far)
$ 95.00 - Love Gift Donations (6)
NEXT WEEK'S SECOND ENVELOPE
Next week's second envelope will be for Parish Upkeep and Maintenance.