5:00 pm [HN] - Donald C. Kapolka (Doris & Sons)
9:00 am [SJ] - Eleanor Rossner (Rich & Kathy Schur)
11:30 am [HN] - Dec'd of the Lamanna & Guzewicz Families (Bob & Donna)
12:00 pm [HN] - Noramae DIPaolo (Anne Radakovich)
12:00 pm [HN] - Judy Adams (Kasper Family)
12:00 pm [HN] - JMary Lou Gedman (Mary Ann Polinski)
12:00 pm [SH] - John W. Koller (family)
8:00 am [SJ] - Anna Drotar (Les & Gerry Hamill)
Next Saturday/Sunday5:00 pm [HN] - Stephen/Josephine Adams (Elaine Opatick)
9:00 am [SJ] - Mark Bedont (Anne Denne)
11:30 am [HN] - Larry Germek (family)
March 17 - Saturday, 5:00 pm - Brittany Davis & Kellee Judy
March 18 - Sunday, 9:00 am - Owen Provident & Josh Revak
March 18 - Sunday, 11:30 am - Gabrielle & Christian Emery
FEAST DAY FISH FRY - FRIDAY MARCH 16
We are going to have a “Lenten Fish Fry” this Friday, March 16 in the Holy Name Hall from 11 am – 6 pm to celebrate the two great Saints Day – St. Patrick (March 17) & St. Joseph (March 19). The menu will be the same as Ash Wednesday – Baked and Fried Fish Dinners and Sandwiches, Haluski, Pierogie, Macaroni & Cheese (a great hit on Ash Wednesday, we sold out), back by popular demand, our Guest Chefs (Fr. Dennis & Ray Judy ) are making Vegetarian Vegetable Soup. It is on the menu, as well as take-out orders for $5.00 a quart. Call the rectory to place an order.
- Feast Day Special: Anyone coming to the dinner (eat in only), whose first name is Patrick, Patricia, Joseph, Josephine will get a free baked or fried fish dinner. Come and have some fun and enjoy great Feast Day foods.
- Volunteers: We need some volunteers (waitresses and waiters) to help serve our guests and pour coffee. If you can help for a few hours especially from 3 pm – 6 pm, call and leave your name at the rectory.
- This Fish Fry will replace the one on Good Friday. Holy Week is a special spiritual time and we want to give everyone the opportunity to celebrate the Holy Week services by being in church.
Congratulations to the family of Kendra Lynn Feschuk, who is baptized this weekend.
WE CELEBRATE THE "RITE OF SCRUTINIES"
Over the next 3 weekends at different Masses, we will celebrate the “Rites of Scrutinies” which are the rituals in the process of Christian Initiation with the “elect” of our parishes. The elect are those journeying towards the fullness of Christian Initiation at the Easter Vigil. Scrutinies means “to uncover” then heal all that is weak in the hearts of the elect and bring out and strengthen all that is upright, good and strong. The elect will be dismissed from Mass to study Scripture more intensely and prepare to join us at the Eucharistic table at Easter. Please include them in your Lenten prayers.
We would like to remind everyone that all your Christmas decorations and other artificial grave adornments need to be removed from the graves by March 24. We will beginning our spring cleanup. For the safety of the workers these items need to be removed.
OUTREACH LENTEN PARTICIPATION
- Reachout to our Shut-ins: The pink sheets around the church list our shut-ins (nursing home, personal care home, assisted living facility & home-centered elderly residents.) You are asked to write to them (a card or letter) during Lent/Easter. We want them to still feel connected to the parish, that they are not forgotten and always remembered.
- Feed the Hungry (with dignity and ease): This year, instead of asking for food items, etc., we are simply asking you to donate food gift cards. This way everyone young and old can participate, without the worry of having to carry bags to church. This will allow those who receive to have the dignity to buy what they want and those giving to drop the cards in the collection or mail to the rectory. Mark the envelope “feed the hungry.”
- Coin Collection: Begin saving your loose coins for the offering for the poor to be given at our Holy Thursday Ministry of Service.
WE CELEBRATE THE SACRAMENT OF RECONCILIATION
To be held after all the weekend Masses on March 24/25. We will celebrate communally in a guilt free, non-judgmental way. The format will be the same as the last couple of years.
STATIONS OF THE CROSS
The Stations will be prayed the Fridays of Lent at 12 noon alternating churches – March 16 (Holy Name), March 23 (St. Joseph), March 30 (Holy Name).
PIEROGIES - ALL LENT LONG
Gosia’s pierogies will be available at the Fish Fry on March 16, as well as all during Lent. Just stop by Holy Name Rectory to pick up as many as you need. We will be selling potato/cheese and sweet cabbage. They are selling for $6.00 a dozen.
MEMORIAL EASTER FLOWERS
Make a donation in memory or honor of a friend, family member or loved one. Use your Easter flower collection envelope and drop your donation in the collection anytime up until Easter. Be sure to include your name. A memorial listing will be published after Easter.
EASTER BUNNY RAFFLE
For a $10.00 donation, each ticket gives you 36 chances to win, commencing on Easter Sunday, April 8 through Mother’s Day, May 13. There is $100.00 winner each day, except for Easter Sunday and Mother’s Day which has a $200.00 prize. If you would like extra for Easter gifts or Easter Basket stuffers, call the rectory and we will send you some OR mail your request and donation and we will send you the ticket that you need.
A DAY TOGETHER
“To learn what it means to live the Eucharist,” sponsored by the Pgh Catholic Men’s Fellowship. Whether you are a father, grandfather, single man or son; whatever your level of spiritual fitness, you can direct your thoughts and energy towards fostering a stronger relationship with God, family, spouse, friends and co-workers. This day will be held on Saturday, April 14 at the A. J. Palumbo Center, Duquesne University. For information, contact Paul Ruhl (412-680-6383) or email@example.com or Patrick Kerr (412-999-5272) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ex. 17: 3 - 7 Rms 5: 1 – 2, 5 - 8 John 4: 5 - 42
$ 6,023.80 - February 26, 2012 Offertory
$ 1,381.00 - Parish Upkeep & Maintenance
$ 1,842.26 - Hoagie Sale Profit
$ 130.00 - St. Hedwig Furnace Donations Received This Week ($16,706.00 total so far)
$ 325.00 - Love Gift Donations (11)
NEXT WEEK'S SECOND ENVELOPE
Next week's second envelope will be for the Campaign for Human Development.