5:00 pm [HN] - Stephen/Josephine Adams (Elaine Opatick)
9:00 am [SJ] - Mark Bedont (Anne Denne)
11:30 am [HN] - Larry Germek (family)
12:00 pm [HN] - Blanche Lewandowski (Edmund & Sons)
12:00 pm [HN] - John Allas (Martha Kipick)
12:00 pm [HN] - Mary Kostley (Darryl Bressler)
12:00 pm [SH] - Ellen Ann Cheke (Daughters, Patty & Kathleen)
8:00 am [SJ] - Bernard Novak (Bob & Connie Stewart)
Next Saturday/Sunday5:00 pm [HN] - Michele Jugan (Bob & Carol Kostelnik)
9:00 am [SJ] - Randy Marciniec (Tillie Pastor)
11:30 am [HN] - Agnes Sadinsky (Dave & Jackie Sadinsky)
March 24 - Saturday, 5:00 pm - Faith & Frank Provance
March 25 - Sunday, 9:00 am - Tyler Gedman & Trey Manspeaker
March 25 - Sunday, 11:30 am - Lani & Jordan McCormick
WE CELEBRATE THE SACRAMENT OF RECONCILIATION
To be held after all the weekend Masses on March 24/25. We will celebrate communally in a guilt free, non-judgmental way. The format will be the same as the last couple of years.
We would like to remind everyone that all your Christmas decorations and other artificial grave adornments need to be removed from the graves by March 24. We will beginning our spring cleanup. For the safety of the workers these items need to be removed.
STATIONS OF THE CROSS
The Stations will be prayed the Fridays of Lent at 12 noon alternating churches – March 23 (St. Joseph), March 30 (Holy Name).
2 FOR 1 CHALLENGE - MONTHLY UPDATE - DONATIONS THROUGH FEBRUARY
TOTAL SO FAR:
WE GAVE: $147,500.00 HE GAVE: $295,100.00 WE HAVE/HAD: $442,600.00
WE GAVE: $ 2,605.00 HE GAVE: $5,210.00 WE HAVE/HAD: $7,815.00
WE GAVE: $150,105.00 HE GAVE: $300,310.00 WE HAVE/HAD: $450,415.00
REST IN PEACE
Please remember Patrick Byrne & Jason Zalice, who died and rose to new life this week.
Congratulations to the family of Landon Gauge Evans and Rebecca Elizabeth Tirpak, who are being baptized this weekend.
PALM SUNDAY BREAKFAST
The Caring Ministry is hosting a “Buffet Breakfast” on Palm Sunday, April 1st in the Holy Name Hall from 9:00 am – 1: 30 pm. Menu includes: Scrambles eggs, bacon, sausage, chipped beef on biscuits, homefries, French toast, fresh fruit, Danish rolls, juice, coffee, and tea. Donation: Adults - $7.00, Children (1st child – 12 & under - $4.00 – other children eat free. All proceeds benefit the works of the Caring Ministry.
- Family Special: We are trying to encourage families with children to have the opportunity to come to our breakfast. Families with multiple children, only pay for 1 child and their other children eat free.
- Volunteer: We need volunteers to work that morning. It is a great opportunity for those who work during the week to volunteer for our parish. If you can give a few hours, call Debbie Lesko (412-297-1732), Terry Fuller (412-466 4223) or email Fr. Dennis at email@example.com.
- Make a donation: If anyone would like to make a monetary donation to help defray expenses and increase profit, send it to the rectory or drop in the collection.
OUTREACH LENTEN PARTICIPATION
Feed the Hungry (with dignity and ease): This year, instead of asking for food items, etc., we are simply asking you to donate food gift cards. This way everyone young and old can participate, without the worry of having to carry bags to church. This will allow those who receive to have the dignity to buy what they want and those giving to drop the cards in the collection or mail to the rectory. Mark the envelope “feed the hungry.” Monetary donations are acceptable. Coin Collection: Begin saving your loose coins for the offering for the poor to be given at our Holy Thursday Ministry of Service.
PARISH SHARE PROGRAM
The Annual 2012 Parish Share program is in operation. Invitations to participate have been sent out. We are hoping that you will consider making a donation to help us meet this goal. Our assessment this year based on 17.6% of our total assessable income from last year is $58,628.00. This is a significant increase over last year which indicates that more money is coming into the parish. Last year however, we fell short of our goal by $5,651.00 and had to take that balance out of our parish savings. If everyone participates, I am confident that we can hit our goal.
Questions & Concerns:
- Some people have asked if we benefit from these PSP monies. The answer is “yes.” These monies help subsidize Catholic Charities which provides services to many of our families in need, as well as having helped our priest friends, Fr. Tom Burke, Fr. Steve Kresak, Fr. Tom Lewandowski, Fr. John McKenna with their seminary education.
- What more can I do? There are several ways besides making a donation that you can do. Many parishioner instead of contributing to “out of parish” second envelopes have used their “extra Parish Share envelope.” In the first six months since we have initiated this envelope we collected over $5,000.00 in extra non-taxable parish share monies.
- You may make an outright donation or extend a balance over 10 months. Every donation no matter how great or small is welcomed and appreciated. Food for thought: We received our first donation this week for $1,000.00. If 57 more people give this size of a donation, we will hit our goal &the rest of the monies can stay in the parish tax free.
PIEROGIES - ALL LENT LONG
Gosia’s pierogies will be available at the Fish Fry on March 16, as well as all during Lent. Just stop by Holy Name Rectory to pick up as many as you need. We will be selling potato/cheese and sweet cabbage. They are selling for $6.00 a dozen.
MEMORIAL EASTER FLOWERS
Make a donation in memory or honor of a friend, family member or loved one. Use your Easter flower collection envelope and drop your donation in the collection anytime up until Easter. Be sure to include your name. A memorial listing will be published after Easter.
EASTER BUNNY RAFFLE
For a $10.00 donation, each ticket gives you 36 chances to win, commencing on Easter Sunday, April 8 through Mother’s Day, May 13. There is $100.00 winner each day, except for Easter Sunday and Mother’s Day which has a $200.00 prize.
A DAY TOGETHER
“To learn what it means to live the Eucharist,” sponsored by the Pgh Catholic Men’s Fellowship. Whether you are a father, grandfather, single man or son; whatever your level of spiritual fitness, you can direct your thoughts and energy towards fostering a stronger relationship with God, family, spouse, friends and co-workers. This day will be held on Saturday, April 14 at the A. J. Palumbo Center, Duquesne University. For information, contact Paul Ruhl (412-680-6383) or firstname.lastname@example.org or Patrick Kerr (412-999-5272) or email@example.com.
Ex. 17: 3 - 7 Rms 5: 1 – 2, 5 - 8 John 4: 5 - 42
$ 4,159.38 - February 26, 2012 Offertory
$ 30.00 - St. Hedwig Furnace Donations Received This Week ($16,736.00 total so far)
$ 90.00 - Love Gift Donations (4)
NEXT WEEK'S SECOND ENVELOPE
Next week's second envelope will be for Parish Religious Education Programs.