5:00 pm [HN] - Bernadette Werntges (Bernie & Veronica Lucas)
9:00 am [SJ] - Donna Nagy (husband & children)
11:30 am [HN] - Kathryn McCawley (niece, Patricia Boyer)
12:00 pm [HN] - Frances Laychak (Dolly Popovich)
12:00 pm [HN] - Helen Huwalt (M/M Cliff Fleming)
12:00 pm [HN] - Mildred Falchetti (Eleanor Javorski)
10:00 am [HN] - John Koller (family)
Friday - Feast of the Immaculate Conception
8:00 am [HN] - Mark Bujdos (grandmother, Margaret Sabol)
5:00 pm [HN] - Vigil - Mark Bedont (Rose Gilardi)
5:00 pm [HN] - Mike & Ann Liposky (Ed/Joyce Skweres)
9:00 am [SJ] - David Funk (Ron & Pat Funk)
11:30 am [HN] - Dorothy Fullerton (Virginia Lape)
Dec 8 - Saturday, 5:00 pm - Aaron Adams & Trent Manspeaker
Dec 9 - Sunday, 9:00 am - Tyler Gedman & Katrina Janusek
Dec 9 - Sunday, 11:30 am - Dylan Ernst & Frank Provance
Congratulations to the family of Mackenzie Ann Montesano, who is being baptized this weekend.
REST IN PEACE
Please remember Betty Chokota, who died and rose to new life with the Lord this week.
FEAST OF THE IMMACULATE CONCEPTION
This is the feast of the patroness of the United State and therefore a holy day. You can satisfy your obligation by attending Mass on Friday evening, 5:00 pm in Holy Name Church.
CELEBRATING THE SEASON OF ADVENT
- Seasonal Symbol: This symbol highlights our theme, “Joy Attracts.” Take one to display in your home, on your tree, or at work as a reminder that we are preparing to celebrate and keep the true meaning of the season.
- Advent in My Pocket: This small plastic reminder for your key chain or pocket entitled, “Advent is Life” to help keep you focused and aware of the importance of the Advent and Christmas Seasons.
- Seasonal Spiritual Aides: These reading materials will help inspire you this season: “Advent – Wondrous Days of Hope” (daily reflections and meditations), “Little Blue Books” (daily 6 minute meditations), “The Word Among Us (mediations from Scripture.)
- Advent for Kids: “Waiting With Happy Hearts” (daily reflections, prayers and activities for children.)
- Rite and Sacrament of Reconciliation: We will celebrate this sacrament in a guilt free, non-judgmental way after the weekend Masses on Dec. 15/16. You may also have private, personal confession by calling Fr. Dennis.
- Memorial Christmas Flowers: Use your “Christmas flower envelope” to make a donation in memory or honor of a family member, loved one or friend. Write down their names. Drop in the collection or mail to the rectory until Christmas. A memorial listing will be published after the Christmas season.
- Christmas Wafers (Oplatki): These wafers will be available at Holy Name Rectory, Monday thru Friday (9am – 5 pm) and from the ushers at the 5pm Sat. and 11:30 am Sun. Masses and in the sacristy after the 9 am Mass.
2 FOR 1 CHALLENGE - MONTHLY UPDATE - DONATIONS THRU NOVEMBER
TOTAL SO FAR:
WE GAVE: $179,519.00 HE GAVE: $359,138.00 WE HAVE/HAD: $538,657.00
WE GAVE: $ 19,198.01 HE GAVE: $38,396.02 WE HAVE/HAD: $57,594.03
WE GAVE: $198,717.01 HE GAVE: $397,534.02 WE HAVE/HAD: $596,251.03
CHRISTMAS EVE AND CHRISTMAS DAY MASS SCHEDULE
4:00 PM (Christmas Eve) – St. Joseph
6:00 PM (Christmas Eve) – Holy Name
9:00 PM (Christmas Eve) – Holy Name
8:30 AM (Christmas Day) – St. Hedwig
10:00 AM (Christmas Day) – St. Joseph.
This year, we will be examining very closely Mass attendance at all Christmas Masses to see if we really need 4 Masses. Most especially, we will be looking at the 8:30 am Mass.
We would like to thank the family and friends of Michael Maloney Jr., who recently died and who asked for donations in his memory and honor to Christ the Light of the World Parish (2 for 1 challenge). We are grateful for the donations totaling $425.00.
CHRISTMAS HOLIDAY RAFFLE
Stocking Stuffer Holiday Raffle” Each ticket is $10.00 with 30 chances to win. It is based on the 3 digit PA. daily lottery number from December 25, 2012 thru January 25, 2013. A $100.00 dollar winner each day. SPECIAL PRIZE: Christmas Day and New Years Day - $200.00 winners. We still have about 200 tickets for each parish to sell. If you are able to buy a few extras, we would encourage you to do so. Just send your donation in the mail and we will send you as many tickets as you want or stop by the rectory. Returns can be made via the collection basket or by mail.
CEMETERY NEWS - GRAVES FOR SALE
Beginning in January, there will be a price increase in all areas related to the cemeteries (Holy Name, St. Hedwig, St. Joseph.) In order for you to avoid the increase cost of graves, we are making you a special offer. From November 11 thru December 11, you may purchase graves at the present cost ($600.00, single grave and $1,050.00, double – parishioner or non-parishioner.) After December 31, the cost of a single grave will be $800.00 and a double will be $1,600.00. Call the rectory, we will take your name and phone. One of the cemetery staff will set an appointment to meet with you, show you the graves available and write a bill of sale. Due to this particular situation, there are no payment plans available through the cemetery or parish.
Jeremiah 33: 14 - 16 1 Thes. 3:12 – 4:2 Luke 21: 25 – 28, 34 - 36
$ 3,833.00 - November 25, 2012 Offertory
$ 396.00 - Parish Religious Education Programs
$ 934.00 - Utilities
$ 707.00 - Thanksgiving Reachout - Money & Cards
# 371 - Thanksgiving Brownbag Reachout
$ 534.65 - Caring Ministry Breakfast Proceeds
$ 200.00 - Love Gift Donations (5)