5:00 pm [HN] - In Thanksgiving (Dorothy Cerepani)
8:30 am [SH] - Fred Barker (M/M Mike Tkacs)
10:00 am [SJ] - Summer Schedule - No Mass June, July, August
10:00 am [HN] - Albert & Marjorie Mihalco (Mihalco Family)
12:00 pm [HN] - No Mass
12:00 pm [HN] - Flo Medvan (Lalor & Nemchick Families)
12:00 pm [HN] - Matilda Belan (family)
12:00 pm [SH] - Mildred Falchetti (Laura Pasternak)
8:00 am [SJ] - Jim Andres (wife, Barb)
Next Saturday/Sunday5:00 pm [HN] - Mark Bedont (M/M Gene Bevacqua)
8:30 am [SH] - Albert Laban, Jr. (wife, Victoria)
10:00 am [SJ] - Summer Schedule - No Mass June, July, August
10:00 am [HN] - Agnes Chokota (Kuszaj Family)
August 27 - Saturday, 5:00 pm - Linday & Jesse Eckersberg
August 28 - Sunday, 11:30 am - Lani & Jordan McCormick
I Steven Berube (White Oak) & Amanda Conrad (CLW)
Congratulations to the families of Luke Joseph Banderinko and Rosalyn Marie Ross, who are baptized into God’s family this weekend.
RELIGIOUS EDUCATION - CCD NEWS
Registration: Before you know it, the kids will be heading back to school. Many parents will be experiencing utter joy and jubilation. With the re-opening of school, we will be also be starting our religious education programs for the 2011/2012 catechetical year. We will be registering all students kindergarten thru 8th grade on Sunday morning, September 11 from 9:30 am – 11:15 am. Due to our split schedule and limited class time this will be the only day for registration. If there is a conflict, please contact the program manager, Colleen Whitney at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please pass this information around since many parents have not taken their children to church during the summer and will be left out when it comes to the CCD program this year because they will say they didn’t see it in the bulletin.
Eligibility: Due to limited space and size of our program, ONLY students whose families are registered in Christ the Light of the World Parish or St. Joseph Parish before July 1, 2011 are eligible to participate in the program this year. Many families are under the false assumption that because they had their children baptized here or were raised here, they are automatically members of one of our parishes. We are being diligent in this matter since we will become one parish in a short time. Parish registration is a determining factor on how the parish will look and how it will be sustained.
Baptismal Certificates: All new students to our program need to have an updated copy of their baptismal certificate at registration time. If your child is new to the program and was baptized in Holy Name, St. Joseph or St. Hedwig Churches, you need not get a certificate because they are on record here.
ALL PAPER BINGO FUNDRAISER
Christ the Light of the World Parish with it’s Men’s Club are hosting this fundraiser. It will be held on Sunday, September 25 (a Sunday night game for the Steelers) at 2:00 pm in the Knights of Columbus Hall, West Mifflin. Doors open at 12:00 noon; early birds at 1:30 pm. ONLY 200 tickets will be sold. Admission - $20.00 in advance, $25.00 at the door.
- Games & Prizes: 14 regular games ($80), 5 specials ($120.00), 1 Jackpot ($1,000.00) - letter X & outside R.R. - $100.00) & Cover all - $800.000, plus winner take all.
- Tickets: you can stop by Holy Name rectory (9 am – 5 pm, Mon. thru Fri.) or send your donation for the ticket and we will send you your ticket.
- Donations needed: We need donations to make the event more successful. Can you donate a roaster of haluski, a couple packages of hot dogs or buns, a case of water, pepsi, diet pepsi or ginger ale, a monetary donation to buy other products and snacks If you can help in any way, just call the rectory and let us know what you can do.
- Volunteers needed: We need at least 20 volunteers (special sellers/table workers), food and drink servers. If you don’t play, come and help. We had lots of fun last year. Call and leave your name at the rectory.
- Join the fun: Bring friends, family members who like bingo. How about an elderly person who enjoys bingo but doesn’t often get out. What a nice gesture to bring them to this event.
NIGHT AT THE RACES
St. Joseph Parish is hosting this event on Saturday, September 17, 2011 in their church hall. Doors open at 6 pm. Dinner will be served at 6:30 pm. $5.00 admission includes: buffet dinner, table snacks, refreshments, beer. Horses may be purchased and named for $5.00 each (winner need not be present.) In addition, there will be a Chinese auction, lottery tree, 50/50 raffle, a Steeler themed basket of cheer. For tickets/information, call Pat Schorr (412-675-0169.)
IS GOD CALLING YOU TO BECOME A CATHOLIC
Have you been searching for a deeper meaning to your life? Is something missing? Do you need to have a new direction for your life’s journey? Does your life seem quite unsettled at this time? Have you thought about the fact that God may be calling you to enter into a process and become a catholic? To help find an answer to these questions, you might want to consider entering the “Process of Christian Initiation.” This process you formally begin on Monday, Oct. 7 at 6:30 pm in the Holy Name Hall.
- Time of Inquiry: A time when you feel a “tug” in your heart that God is gently nudging you in this direction. This is a time to seek, ask, question and find out if this is the direction for your life right now.
- Who is this process for: If you have never been baptized, or were baptized in another religion other than Catholic or were baptized Catholic and never received any other sacraments, then this process is for you.
- When do we meet: Every Monday evening. If you would like to sign up or have any questions, call Fr. Dennis.
MEN'S SPIRITUAL RETREAT
“ROOTED IN CHRIST – GROWING TO LOVE” Whether you are a grandfather, father, married, single man or son, whatever your level of faith, or whatever your spiritual needs, come to direct your thoughts and energy toward fostering a stronger relationship with God, family, friends or co-workers through this year’s retreat. When: Sept. 16, 17 & 18. Where: St. Paul of the Cross Retreat Center, South Side. For more information, contact Paul Ruhl (412-466-2635) or email@example.com. or Greg Lesko firstname.lastname@example.org.
PROTECTING GOD'S CHILDREN UPDATES
We would like to remind everyone that all ministers and volunteers should be filling out their paperwork for clearances. If you haven’t done them yet, you can pick up the paperwork at either church rectory. The next 2 hour workshop for those who haven’t attended will be here on Sunday, August 28. The workshop will begin after the 10:00 Mass that day from 11:30 – 1:30 pm. This will give everyone the chance to get everything done over the summer months.
- Protecting God’s children workshop: For those who can’t make the August 28 workshop at CLW, there is one being held at Holy Angels in Hays from 9 – 12 noon on Saturday, June 25. Call (412-461-6906 x23) to register.
- References: For those of you filling out the necessary paperwork, it is important that you put in all the information, especially the part entitled “references.” The computer will not let us input your information unless it is filled out and we don’t want to complicate your work any more than necessary.
Is. 56: 1, 6 - 7 Rms. 11: 13 – 15, 29 - 32 Mt. 15: 21 - 28
$ 4,359.50 - August 7, 2011 Offertory
$ 881.50 - Parish Upkeep & Maintenance
$ 4,850.25 - August 14, 2011 Offertory
$ 337.00 - Assumption
$ 300.00 - Love Gift Donations (10)
NEXT WEEK'S SECOND COLLECTION
Next week's second collection will be at Bishop Zubik's request for the Catholic Relief Services for African Drought Response