3:00 pm [HN] - Wedding of Dennis Kolin & Amy Rankin
5:00 pm [HN] - Jack Senay (wife, Gemma)
8:30 am [SH] - Joelle Mendicino (Greg & Dorie Baunes)
10:00 am [SJ] - Summer Schedule - No Mass June, July, August
10:00 am [HN] - Deceased of the Missaggio & Knoll Families (Rudy & Jean)
10:00 pm [HN] - Emilie Pietroski (Jack & Marian Holleran)
12:00 pm [HN] - Safety & Well Being of Jeff Walters (cousins)
12:00 pm [HN] - Irene McWilliams (Jan McWilliams)
12:00 pm [SH] - Leo A. Thomas (wife, Shirley)
8:00 am [SJ] - Mary Kostley (Lynn Levin)
Next Saturday/Sunday5:00 pm [HN] - Eugene "Skip" Opatick (Elaine, Holly, Lori)
8:30 am [SH] - John P. Charak Jr. (wife & family)
10:00 am [SJ] - Summer Schedule - No Mass June, July, August
10:00 am [HN] - Jack Jubak (wife & daughter)
July 16 - Saturday, 5:00 pm - Justin Molanick & Owen Provident
July 17 - Sunday, 11:30 am - Brittany Davis & Kellee Judy
REST IN PEACE
Please remember Frances Procacina, who died and was buried last week.
I Michael Yunn (CLW) & Megan Schreck (North Huntingdon)
SACRAMENT OF THE ANOINTING OF THE SICK
In order to maximize the celebration of the Sacrament of the Anointing of the Sick by giving as many people as possible the opportunity to be anointed, we are going to celebrate the sacrament at the end of Mass on Saturday, July 23 at 5:00 pm and Sunday, July 24 at 10:00 am. (Since there is no Mass following these Masses, Fr. Dennis will not have to rush off.) Most of our people gather at weekend Liturgy thus making it possible for people to get transportation as well as having the sacrament witnessed by the worshipping community.
- Who is it for: anyone of any age who has a chronic illness, who is aging or elderly, who has a disability or sickness, who has a physical, mental or spiritual difficulty or any other sickness or difficulty.
- What does it do: We ask and believe in God’s healing in a physical way, but also that we will receive the spiritual strength to deal with our sickness, illness or particular difficulty.
SUMMER FLEA MARKET NEWS
Monday, is the last day of our summer flea market. We will be open from 8 am – 1 pm. It is “Bag Day.” You purchase a brown bag for $1.00 and fill it up with items as much as you can get in. There are lots of big items for sale also. Stop by for lunch also. We are offering meatball sandwiches, hot dogs, pierogies, pasta salad.
MEN'S SPIRITUAL FOCUS GROUP
All men of both parishes are invited to become part of the monthly “Men’s Spiritual Focus Group.” We will be meeting this month on Thursday, July 14 at 6:30 pm in the Holy Name Hall. This group is designed to help men come together to help cope with the issues that they uniquely as men share in relation to self, church, family and God. For those who have participated regularly, this has been a rewarding and enriching experience. We have men in their 20’s through their 70’s sharing intergenerationaly with one another. Please come and make you life enriching.
GOLF OUTING THANK YOU & REPORT
We have received the last of the invoices from the recently held joint parish golf outing. We will be issuing the report probably next weekend, July 16/17 for your perusal and information.
PROTECTING GOD'S CHILDREN UPDATES
We would like to remind everyone that all ministers and volunteers should be filling out their paperwork for clearances. If you haven’t done them yet, you can pick up the paperwork at either church rectory. The next 2 hour workshop for those who haven’t attended will be here on Sunday, August 28. The workshop will begin after the 10:00 Mass that day from 11:30 – 1:30 pm. This will give everyone the chance to get everything done over the summer months.
- Protecting God’s children workshop: For those who can’t make the August 28 workshop at CLW, there is one being held at Holy Angels in Hays from 9 – 12 noon on Saturday, June 25. Call (412-461-6906 x23) to register.
- References: For those of you filling out the necessary paperwork, it is important that you put in all the information, especially the part entitled “references.” The computer will not let us input your information unless it is filled out and we don’t want to complicate your work any more than necessary.
GOLDEN WEDDING ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION
The Diocese of Pittsburgh is planning it’s annual Golden Wedding Celebration for couples who have been married for 50 years. This year’s celebration will take place on Sunday, October 9, 2011 at 2:00 pm at St. Paul Cathedral. Any couple who has celebrated their 50th Wedding Anniversary during 2011 is asked to submit their name, address and phone number to the rectory by August 12, 2011.
HIGH SCHOOL REUNION
The Duquesne High School Class of 1971 is planning a 40th reunion at Dave & Buster’s (Waterfront) on Saturday, August 20th. If you are a member of our class, please contact Rose Ann Woolsey (412-561-4527) or Mamie Denne Donahue (412-653-7314.)
Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Pgh. is initiating a new “service delivery model” for the parishes and clients in Allegheny County called “team hope.” Team HOPE will endeavor to stop the cycle of need and promote long-term stability in the lives of individual and families who are coming to them in record numbers. They will initially be located at their administrative offices in downtown. Based on the successful volunteer model in the Free Health Care Center, this new initiative will provide opportunities for classes, workshop, and mentoring for interested volunteers.
- Referrals: Does any one know of an individual or family who might need help with budgeting or making ends meet? Do you know of anyone unemployed and could use extra skill or resume writing? Do you know a person who needs parenting support and education? If so, call Team HOPE Director Cathy Niebel (412-456-6972.)
- Volunteering: Is there any parishioners who may want to share their gifts of time or talent as a Team HOPE volunteer? We also rely on committed volunteers who can serve as curriculum developers, instructors, and tutors for our “Life Skills University.” If interested, call Team Hope Volunteer Coordinator Bethany Shaw (412-456- 6968.)
Dear Fr. Dennis & Christ the Light of the World Parish Family: Thank you for you generous support of the Jefferson Medical Center Stroke Screening held on June 4th. The screening reached 79 participants, the majority from your parishes. Some statistics: 13 participants with limited or no health insurance; 49 with Medicare; 19 needed urgent follow-up due to significant abnormal results; 72 participants will receive follow-up calls due to mild/moderate abnormal results. We would like to thank the church and community businesses and organizations for the support. They are: Christ the Light of the World Parish/St. Joseph Parish, Duquesne Shop n Save, Duquesne City Council, Duquesne EMS, Locust Grove Senior Care Community, Ice Cream n More, Teichart - Gracan Funeral Home, Kennywood Giant Eagle, Maloy – Schleifer Funeral Home.
Is. 55: 10 - 11 Rms. 8: 18 - 23 Mt. 13: 1 - 23
$ 4,853.25 - July 3, 2011 Offertory
$ 1,171.00 - Parish Upkeep & Maintenance
$ 210.00 - Love Gift Donations (7)