5:00 pm [HN] - Deceased of the Kosko Family (Bytzura Family)
8:30 am [SH] - Gert Kollar (Christian Mothers)
10:00 am [SJ] - Summer Schedule - No mass June, July, August
10:00 am [HN] - Margaret Kostelnik (Paul & Colleen Budai)
10:00 am [HN] - Anthony Napoli (McClelland's)
12:00 pm [HN] - Frances Laychak (James Kleist)
12:00 pm [HN] - Anne Sofa (Doris Krise)
12:00 pm [SH] - Joseph/Catherine Genito & Joseph/Jennie Elko (Donna & Reid Elko)
8:00 am [SJ] - Evaline Kennedy (June Cuffin)
Next Saturday/Sunday5:00 pm [HN] - Bob Jordan (wife & children)
8:30 am [SH] - Deceased of the Hall, Sakson & Kmetz Families (Bob & Dodo)
10:00 am [SJ] - Summer Schedule - No Mass June, July, August
10:00 am [HN] - Irene Bedzik (Bill & Jean Schleifer & family)
June 11 - Saturday, 5:00 pm - Jaimie Barca & Dylan Ernst
June 12 - Sunday, 11:30 am - Zach Denne & Jordan McCormick
NEXT WEEKEND - FEAST OF PENTECOST - WEAR RED
Next Sunday, June 12 is the Feast of Pentecost. Everyone is invited to wear something RED to mass as a sign of receiving the fullness of the Spirit of Jesus as we conclude the Easter Season. We’ll call it a red out.
2 FOR 1 CHALLENGE - MONTHLY UPDATE - DONATIONS THRU MAY
TOTAL SO FAR:
WE GAVE: $108,801.00 HE GAVE: $217,602.00 WE HAVE/HAD: $326,403.00
WE GAVE: $ 2,275.00 HE GAVE: $ 4,550.00 WE HAVE/HAD: $6,825.00
WE GAVE: $111,076.00 HE GAVE: $222,152.00 WE HAVE/HAD: $333,228.00
We would like to congratulate London Elizabeth Kellar who is being baptized into God’s family this weekend.
REST IN PEACE
Please remember Steve Meskanick, who died and rose to new life with the Lord this week.
We would like to thank the family of Malachi Urbini, who at the time of his death asked that donations be made to our parish (2 for 1 Challenge.) We are grateful for the donations totaling $260.00.
MEN'S SPIRITUAL FOCUS GROUP
All men of both of our parishes are invited to attend our monthly “spiritual focus group.” This group is designed to help men cope with the issues that they face daily and helps them become better men, husbands and fathers all the while bringing them closer to the Lord and their church and in many ways enriching their lives.
SUMMER FLEA MARKET NEWS
In a few short weeks, preparations for our “Indoor/Outdoor Summer Flea Market” will be underway. It will be held Friday, Saturday & Monday, July 8, 9 & 11. We will begin accepting your donations on Tuesday, June 7. The [HN] hall will be open from 9 – 12 noon each weekday and from 9 am – 11 am, Saturdays and Sundays. It is time to start gathering up your households goods to be sold. We accept anything except tires, plants, clothes and computer equipment.
ANOTHER STEP TOWARDS 1 PARISH, 3 CHURCHES, 1 FAITH COMMUNITY
For those of you who attend Mass regularly, you are going to see another “new look” to our weekend liturgies. In our continual journey in becoming one parish, we will now have the liturgical ministers serving at all of our churches. This step is another very visible and viable reality that we are all going to face sooner rather than later. All Liturgical Ministers, please pick up your summer schedules in the sacristy after Mass.
PARISH SHARE PROGRAM - CREATIVE GIVING
JOINT PARISH GOLF OUTING NEWS
- RAFFLE: All Cash Raffle: This year, we are adding a “Bonus Prize” to the raffle. Each family has been mailed (4) tickets, which you are being asked to sell or purchase. Each ticket has two possible winning numbers on the PA Lottery, June 20, 2011, four digit number. The winning number gets $1,000.00 cash, the winning number above and below gets $250.00 each. The Bonus Prize is that if any of those (3) winning numbers hit again on July 4, 2011, you get a prize of $10,000.00. If anyone needs extra tickets to buy or sell, just send us the money and we will send you the tickets. This will help insure that we get the most benefit for our parishes.
- GOLF OUTING – JUNE 20, 2011: The preparations for this year’s outing are well under way. We only have room for 12 more four somes. We will give them out on a first come – first served basis. We hope that everyone will participate in some way to make our “Ed Capristo Memorial Joint Parish Golf Outing and Raffle” a huge success.
- ALL VOLUNTEERS: There will be a meeting for all those who are volunteering at this year’s Golf Outing. The meeting will be held in the [HN] Hall on Monday, June 6 at 6:30 pm. The meeting should be less than one hour. We want to make sure all the areas that require volunteers are covered. If anyone wants to volunteer, just come to the meeting. If you are unable to attend, but still want to volunteer, call the rectory and leave your name.
PROTECTING GOD'S CHILDREN UPDATES
We would like to remind everyone that all ministers and volunteers should be filling out their paperwork for clearances. If you haven’t done them yet, you can pick up the paperwork at either church rectory. The next 2 hour workshop for those who haven’t attended, will be here on Sunday, August 28. This will give everyone the chance to get everything done over the summer months.
NEWS FROM OUR ADOPTED TROOPS
- Jean and Rudy: Thank you all very much for the care package and card. When I got your card, it came at the right time. I was feeling a little down and your card really lifted my spirits. May God bless you and keep you with your kind hearts. Stephanie
- Cathy Prosser: Hello, you sent me a care package recently. I’m grateful that you took time in your busy schedule to send me a few things. Thank you so much. It really meant a lot to me. Andrea
2: 14a, 36 - 41 1 Peter 2: 20 - 25 John 10: 1 - 10
$ 3,902.68 - May 29, 2011 Offertory
$ 649.00 - Parish Religious Education
$ 1,071.00 - Utilities
$ 250.00 - Love Gift Donations (7)