5:00 pm [HN] - Leo Rusteikas (friends & family)
8:30 am [SH] - Claire McCune (Mary Jane Plichta)
10:00 am [SJ] - Martin Vukovich (Aileen Vukovich)
11:30 am [HN] - Nancy Mackewich (Al Krajewski)
12:00 pm [HN] - Stephen Meskanick (Mary Meskanick)
12:00 pm [HN] -Dorothy Wiebelt (Mary Ann Polinski)
12:00 pm [HN] - John Allas (Betty Popovich)
Thursday - Immaculate Conception
12:00 pm [HN] - Jennery Falvo (Regina Sabol)
6:00 pm [SJ] - Eleanor Rossner (K. of C. #4210)
8:00 am [SJ] - Jean Yanzetich (Louise Fenner)
Next Saturday/SundayNext Saturday/Sunday
5:00 pm [HN] - Raymond Micklo (wife, children/grandchildren)
8:30 am [SH] - Gert Kollar (Bob & Pat Yeschenko)
10:00 am [SJ] - Cheryl Carek (Bob & Carol Kostelnik & family)
11:30 am [HN] - Florence Abbatangelo (grandchildren)
December 10 - Saturday, 5:00 pm - Lindsay & Jessie Eckersberg
December 10 - Sunday, 10:00 am - Zack Denne & Josh Revak
December 11 - Sunday, 11:30 am - Christina & Gabriella Emery
WELCOME NEW MEMBERS
We would like to welcome Drew Charak, who has come to join our parish this week.
Congratulations to the families of Boden Jack Fahnestock and Mallorie Marie Lorber, who are being baptized this weekend.
REST IN PEACE
Please remember Noramae DiPaolo, who died and rose to new life with the Lord this week.
FEAST OF THE IMMACULATE CONCEPTION - DECEMBER 8
This year is a holyday. Masses in Duquesne will be celebrated at 12:00 noon in Holy Name Church and 6:00 pm in St. Joseph Church.
CHRISTIAN INITIATION - RITE OF WELCOMING
This weekend at the 11:30 am Mass, we are celebrating this first ritual in the process of Christian Initiation. The four adults who are participating in this process will be officially welcomed to continue the journey towards full initiation at Easter. They are: Patricia Bailey, Ethel Crunkleton, Joe Mellon Jr. and Amy Terza.
2 FOR 1 CHALLENGE - MONTHLY UPDATE - DONATIONS THROUGH NOVEMBER
TOTAL SO FAR:
WE GAVE: $132,684.00 HE GAVE: $265,368.00 WE HAVE/HAD: $398,052.00
WE GAVE: $ 5,180.00 HE GAVE: $10,360.00 WE HAVE/HAD: $15,540.00
WE GAVE: $137,864.00 HE GAVE: $275,725.00 WE HAVE/HAD: $413,592.00
CELEBRATING THE SEASON OF ADVENT
- Seasonal Symbol: This symbol highlights our theme, “Prepare & Celebrate.” Take one to display in your home, on your tree, at work as a reminder that we are preparing to celebrate and keep the true meaning of the season.
- Advent in My Pocket: A small plastic reminder for your key chain or pocket entitled, “The True Gifts – Faith, Peace, Love” to keep you focused and aware of the important gifts of the Christmas season.
- Seasonal Spiritual Aides: These reading materials will help inspire you this season. “Advent – An Amazing Journey” (daily reflections and meditations); The Little Blue Books (our annual daily six minute mediations); The Word Among Us (meditations from Scripture.)
- Advent for Kids: Open Your Hearts (Daily thoughts, prayers and activities for children.
- Rite and Sacrament of Reconciliation: We will celebrate this sacrament in a guilt free, non-judgmental way after the weekend Masses on December 17 & 18
- Memorial Christmas Flowers: Use your “Christmas flower” to make a donation in memory of a deceased family member, friend or loved one. Write down their names. Drop it in the collection or mail to the rectory until Christmas. A memorial listing will be published after the season.
- Christmas Wafers (Oplatki): These wafers will be available at Holy Name Rectory, Monday thru Friday (9 am – 5 pm) and from the ushers at the weekend Masses at Holy Name and St. Hedwig.
ST. JOSEPH CHRISTIAN MOTHERS
The monthly meeting will be held on Tuesday, December 13 praying the Rosary at 11:45 followed by Mass at 12:00 noon in Holy Name Church. A light snack will be served in the hall afterwards. Wear something “festive.” Bring a non-perishable food item for the Intersection.
NEW WEEKEND MASS SCHEDULE HAS BEEN APPROVED
Dear Fr. Colamarino: I have received your complete report of your careful execution of the process for the alteration of the Mass schedule for the Churches of Holy Name, St. Joseph and St. Hedwig. You have certainly done a comprehensive job covering all bases with your usual sensitivity to persons and details. I thank you for your faithful leadership of the Duquesne community.
Permission is hereby granted to implement the new schedule as follows: September thru April: Sat. 5:00 pm (Holy Name), Sun., 9:00 am (St. Joseph), Sun., 11:30 am (Holy Name.) May thru August: Sat. 5:00 pm (Holy Name), Sun. 8:30 am (St. Hedwig), Sun. 10: 00 am (Holy Name). This schedule is approved to be implemented, January 1, 2012.
Wishing God’s continued and generous blessing on you and all the good people of Duquesne, I am Respectfully yours in Christ, Very Reverend Frederick Cain, Pastoral Vicariate Region 2
2012 MASSES BEING SCHEDULED
Now that the “New Weekend Mass Schedule” has been approved and accepted by the Diocese, we are able to begin scheduling Masses for next year. Because of your cooperation in the past, we are now in the position to be able to schedule 3 Masses a year, instead of two. You will need to follow these procedures: 1) You may schedule Mass at any church at any time on a first come, first served basis. Only 2 can be scheduled on a weekend, the third mass must be scheduled during the week. 2) ONLY phone calls will be accepted, no walk-ins at the rectory will be taken. 3) Fr. Dennis will assist you personally. No other staff member can schedule Masses. You can call him 9 am – 3 pm, Monday thru Friday at 412-469-0196. If he is not available, leave your name and phone number and he will return your call in the order received. 4) When calling have the dates, times, places, and intentions available, so they can be scheduled efficiently.
STOCKING STUFFER HOLIDAY RAFFLE
We will again be having our “Stocking Stuffer Holiday Raffle” again this year. Invitations and tickets to participate are being mailed this week. It is based on the 3 digit PA. lottery from Dec. 25, 2011 to Jan. 25. 2012. There will be $100.00 given away each day there is a winner. You have 30 chances to win.
- How you can help: buy the tickets sent to you. Purchase a few extras to give as Christmas gifts. Just stop by the rectory or mail your donation and how many tickets you need and we will send them to you. Sell some to family members over the Thanksgiving holiday or sell them to people at work who you always buy from.
This and other fundraising projects go a long way to keeping our parish financially stable for the future.
Is. 40: 1- 5, 9 - 11 2 Peter 3: 8 - 14 Mk. 1: 1 - 8
$ 3,218.00 - November 27, 2011 Offertory
$ 385.00 - St. Hedwig Furnace Donations Received This Week ($14,150.00 total so far)
$ 631.65 - Parish Religious Education Programs
$ 839.00 - Utilities
$ 2,058.00 - Monetary Reachout
# 376 - Brown bags collected
$ 631.65 - Buffet Breakfast Profit (50/50/ Winner - Russ $47.00, Avon Village Winner - Krien)
$ 680.00 - Love Gift Donations (11)