5:00 pm [HN] - Steve Getner (Mike Pundazak)
8:30 am [SH] - Matilda Belan (Jim & Audrey Ferencz)
10:00 am [SJ] - Jeanne Boyer (Pat & Jhon Beckinger)
11:30 am [HN] - Judy Adams (Bob & DoDo)
12:00 pm [HN] - Dolores Bogasz (Mary Ann Powers)
12:00 pm [HN] - Anthony Napoli (Mike Sokol)
12:00 pm [HN] - Tim Kamauf (Shirley Daley)
10:00 am [HN] - Joseph Belback (M/M Al Adams)
8:00 am [SJ] - Emma Manns (Martha Torok)
Next Saturday/Sunday5:00 pm [HN] - Leo Rusteikas (friends & family)
8:30 am [SH] - Claire McCune (Mary Jane Plichta)
10:00 am [SJ] - Martin Vukovich (Aileen Vukovich)
11:30 am [HN] - Nancy Mackewich (Al Krajewski)
December 4 - Saturday, 5:00 pm - Aaron Adams & Autumn Adams
December 5 - Sunday, 10:00 am - Owen Provident & Paul Ruhl
December 5 - Sunday, 11:30 am - Lani & Jordan McCormick
SUNDAY BREAKFAST BUFFET
A Sunday Breakfast Buffet is being held this Sunday morning in the Holy Name Hall from 9 – 1:30 pm. Adults - $7.00 and 1st Child - $4.00. All other children eat free. The proceeds benefit the Caring Ministry.
Congratulations to the family of Joseph Michael Lauterbauch Jr. who is being baptized this weekend.
III Chad Keilman (West Mifflin) & Kristin Horvat (CLW)
CELEBRATING THE SEASON OF ADVENT
- Seasonal Symbol: This symbol highlights our theme, “Prepare & Celebrate.” Take one to display in your home, on your tree, at work as a reminder that we are preparing to celebrate and keep the true meaning of the season.
- Advent in My Pocket: A small plastic reminder for your key chain or pocket entitled, “The True Gifts – Faith, Peace, Love” to keep you focused and aware of the important gifts of the Christmas season.
- Seasonal Spiritual Aides: These reading materials will help inspire you this season. “Advent – An Amazing Journey” (daily reflections and meditations); The Little Blue Books (our annual daily six minute mediations); The Word Among Us (meditations from Scripture.)
- Advent for Kids: Open Your Hearts (Daily thoughts, prayers and activities for children.
- Rite and Sacrament of Reconciliation: We will celebrate this sacrament in a guilt free, non-judgmental way after the weekend Masses on December 17 & 18
- Memorial Christmas Flowers: Use your “Christmas flower” to make a donation in memory of a deceased family member, friend or loved one. Write down their names. Drop it in the collection or mail to the rectory until Christmas. A memorial listing will be published after the season.
- Christmas Wafers (Oplatki): These wafers will be available at Holy Name Rectory, Monday thru Friday (9 am – 5 pm) and from the ushers at the weekend Masses at Holy Name and St. Hedwig.
NEW WEEKEND MASS SCHEDULE HAS BEEN APPROVED
Dear Fr. Colamarino: I have received your complete report of your careful execution of the process for the alteration of the Mass schedule for the Churches of Holy Name, St. Joseph and St. Hedwig. You have certainly done a comprehensive job covering all bases with your usual sensitivity to persons and details. I thank you for your faithful leadership of the Duquesne community.
Permission is hereby granted to implement the new schedule as follows: September thru April: Sat. 5:00 pm (Holy Name), Sun., 9:00 am (St. Joseph), Sun., 11:30 am (Holy Name.) May thru August: Sat. 5:00 pm (Holy Name), Sun. 8:30 am (St. Hedwig), Sun. 10: 00 am (Holy Name). This schedule is approved to be implemented, January 1, 2012.
Wishing God’s continued and generous blessing on you and all the good people of Duquesne, I am Respectfully yours in Christ, Very Reverend Frederick Cain, Pastoral Vicariate Region 2
2012 MASSES BEING SCHEDULED
Now that the “New Weekend Mass Schedule” has been approved and accepted by the Diocese, we are able to begin scheduling Masses for next year. Because of your cooperation in the past, we are now in the position to be able to schedule 3 Masses a year, instead of two. You will need to follow these procedures: 1) You may schedule Mass at any church at any time on a first come, first served basis. Only 2 can be scheduled on a weekend, the third mass must be scheduled during the week. 2) ONLY phone calls will be accepted, no walk-ins at the rectory will be taken. 3) Fr. Dennis will assist you personally. No other staff member can schedule Masses. You can call him 9 am – 3 pm, Monday thru Friday at 412-469-0196. If he is not available, leave your name and phone number and he will return your call in the order received. 4) When calling have the dates, times, places, and intentions available, so they can be scheduled efficiently.
STOCKING STUFFER HOLIDAY RAFFLE
We will again be having our “Stocking Stuffer Holiday Raffle” again this year. Invitations and tickets to participate are being mailed this week. It is based on the 3 digit PA. lottery from Dec. 25, 2011 to Jan. 25. 2012. There will be $100.00 given away each day there is a winner. You have 30 chances to win.
- How you can help: buy the tickets sent to you. Purchase a few extras to give as Christmas gifts. Just stop by the rectory or mail your donation and how many tickets you need and we will send them to you. Sell some to family members over the Thanksgiving holiday or sell them to people at work who you always buy from.
This and other fundraising projects go a long way to keeping our parish financially stable for the future.
Join us on Wednesdays and/or Fridays from 9 – 9:30 am, lower level of St. Joseph Rectory for 2 miles of heart healthy activity. All are welcome. Just bring your walking shoes. Call Cheryl (412-466-1304)
Is. 63: 16 - 17, 19; 64: 2-7 1 Cor. 1: 3 - 9 Mt. 13: 33 - 37
$ 4,579.85 - November 20, 2011 Offertory
$ 725.00 - St. Hedwig Furnace Donations Received This Week ($13,765.00 total so far)
$ 1,381.00 - Retired Religious Collection
$ 325.00 - Love Gift Donations (5)
NEXT WEEK'S SECOND COLLECTION
Next week's second collection will be for Parish Upkeep & Maintenance Programs.