SACRAMENT OF RECONCILIATION will be celebrated after all Masses this weekend. Fr. Jack Nanz and Fr. Thom Dansak will be here.
HOLY WEEK BEGINS NEXT WEEKEND!!!
The Season of Lent ends next weekend – Palm Sunday and the Season of Holy Week begins. Let’s plan on making this the holiest and most spiritual week of the year by participating in our Holy Week celebrations.
· Holy Thursday: we will begin at 7:00 pm in Holy Name Church. There will be a coin offering for the poor and the needy. Bring a candle in an upside down plastic bottle to carry in our prayerful candlelight procession to St. Hedwig. Parents could provide safety lights or battery operated candles for the children to carry instead of candles. Those who have trouble walking can meet us at St. Hedwig for the closing ceremony. This ceremony is a great teachable moment for children. St. Hedwig Church will remain open till 10:00 pm.
· Good Friday: Celebration of the Liturgy of the Word, Veneration of the Cross and Communion begin at 12:00 noon in Holy Name Church. The collection is for the Holy Land. Good Friday is a day of fast & abstinence.
· Blessing of Easter Foods: will take place on Saturday, March 31 – 12 noon – Holy Name Church.
· Holy Saturday – Easter Vigil: 5:00 pm Holy Name Church.
· Easter Sunday: 9:00 am at St. Joseph Church, 11:30 am Holy Name Church.
REMEMBER IN PRAYERS OF SUPPORT those making their faith journey through RCIA. Please remember and support in daily prayer Alisha Reed, Emma McGurk-Sowa, Erika Pollak, Terri Pollak, and Dana Pollak.
REMEMBER IN PRAYER our CCD Second Graders who will be making their First Communion in May and the Confirmation Candidates from Christ the Light of the World, St. Joseph, St. Agnes, and Holy Trinity Parishes who will be celebrating the Sacrament of Confirmation on Wednesday, April 25 at St. Mark Parish in Port Vue.
ALTAR SERVER PRACTICE FOR HOLY WEEK:
- Holy Thursday Mass and Procession: 6:15 PM before Mass and Outdoor Procession
- Good Friday: 11:15 AM before Noon Good Friday Service
- Easter Vigil: 12:30 PM after the Blessing of Food.
UPCOMING PARISH ACTIVITIES
SUNDAY.......... MAR. 18..... CONFIRMATION CLASS.................. 11:30 AM Mass – 3 PM
SUNDAY.......... MAR. 18..... AFTERNOON OF LENTEN REFLECTION HT Church – 3 PM
WEDNESDAY. MAR. 21..... THE LIGHT IS ON FOR YOU Holy Trinity Church 5-7:00 PM
FRIDAY............ MAR. 23..... STATIONS OF THE CROSS................... HN Church – 12 PM
FRIDAY............ MAR. 23..... LAST LENTEN FISH FRY.. HN Church Hall – 11AM – 7 PM
SUNDAY.......... MAR. 25..... PALM SUNDAY BREAKFAST HN Church Hall – 9 AM – 1:30 PM
SUNDAY.......... MAR. 25..... CCD – ALL GRADES..................................... 9:30 – 11:15 AM
AFTERNOON OF LENTEN REFLECTION: this Sunday, March 18, 3:00PM at Holy Trinity Church. The Service includes Rosary, Stations of the Cross, Meditation, and Benediction. Refreshments to follow in Church Hall.
EASTER BUNNY RAFFLE: Tickets have been mailed out to all parishioners. This raffle runs from April 1 thru May 4 with a $100.00 winner each day, except Easter Sunday & May 4th - $200.00 prize. The winner is based on the PA daily 3 digit evening lottery. This is a great way to support YOUR parish. All sold and unsold tickets must be returned by April 1 (Easter) or in the Easter Sunday collection. If you need more, call the rectory.
DON’T MISS OUR LAST LENTEN FISH FRY MARCH 23
This is your last chance to enjoy our Whale of a Good Fish Fry! NO Fish Fry Good Friday.
Eat in or Take-out (call 412-466-8960.) Local delivery available. Thank you to everyone who has donated so far. Donations are still being accepted for Chinese Gift and Basket Raffle - Baskets will be raffled off on March 23. Home Baked Goods are gratefully accepted for all Fish Frys. Volunteers are always welcome even if you only have a couple of hours to spare. Come on down and have some fun.
Reminder: We appreciate donations of Water and Soft Drinks anytime for our Fish Frys and also for Youth Group and other Parish Activities held in HN Church Hall throughout the year. You can drop it off at HN Hall daily from 7:30-3:30, or at the Church Office, or leave in the Church vestibule.
PALM SUNDAY COUNTRY BREAKFAST BUFFET: will be hosted by the Caring Ministry Palm Sunday March 25 in HN Hall from 9am - 1:30pm. Menu includes: scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, home fries, pancakes, fruit, rolls, juice, coffee, tea & dessert. Adults: $8.00, children 10 & under: first child – $5.00, other children free.
• Volunteer: Call Debbie Lesko @ 412-694-6149, Terry @ 412-466-4223 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Make a Donation: to help defray costs. Send it to the rectory or drop in the collection.
ANNUAL CEMETERY CLEAN-UP IS UNDERWAY: The Catholic Parish Cemeteries is conducting the Annual Cemetery Clean-up during March. All Christmas items will be removed from all graves during the cleanup. Hopefully you have removed any items you wish to keep. The deadline to do this was March 1st.
PASSOVER SEDER MEAL: Palm Sunday, March 25 from 3:00 – 5:30 PM. At St. Rita Social Hall in Whitaker, Pa. This meal is based on the Jewish Passover Meal. For more information and reservations, please call 412-461-8087 or email Fr. Ed Czmerda at email@example.com by March 18.
BAGS, BINGO & BRUNCH: Sunday, April 15 at the Antonelli Event Center in Irwin. Doors open at noon. $35 Admission – 19 chances to win a designer bag! Reservation required by April 3. Call Debbie Stewart at 412-596-5405 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Hosted by the 20th Century Club of McKeesport; benefits the Kane Foundation, McKeesport.
YEARLY CONTRIBUTION INCOME TAX STATEMENTS: Anyone wishing their 2017 Church Donations for income tax purposes should call the church office. They will be sent on Fridays each week.