The CLW/St. Joseph Parish Knitting Group “Stitches of Love” group will meet monthly on the First Thursday of the Month--September through December 2016. We will continue our hats, scarves, and slippers projects for babies through adults. Anyone wishing to contribute items may drop them off at the Rectory or in our Churches.
Don't worry if you don't know how to knit or crochet, they will teach you! We are currently working on our Thanksgiving Reach Out Program and the Kentucky Missions. In the past, this group has supported several ongoing outreach programs and has made an impact thanks to the following efforts:
- Purple/White Hats and Booties for the newly baptized
- An afghan and angel for Palm Sunday Breakfast Raffle
- A Steelers afghan, pillow and slippers were made to welcome Father Tom
- A Golf Outing basket included a Steelers afghan, pillow, club covers, teddy bear, football slippers and tree top angel;
- A #Sethstrong basket included an afghan and supplies for a cozy evening
- Thanksgiving Outreach included 10 bags full of baby afghans, hats, gloves, slippers and scarves for babies, children and adults
- 80 tossle caps, gloves and scarves were given to the Boys and Girls Club in Duquesne for Christmas
Thank you to the many generous people who donated yarn for our group. We hope to see you at a Stitches of Love event soon!