5:00 pm [HN] - Dorothy Medich (Marge Krasich)
9:00 am [SJ] - Barbara DeRosse, Micki & Paul (Pat & Jhon)
11:30 am [HN] - Steve Palko (family)
12:00 pm [HN] - Mary Berardi (Mike & Janet Marshall)
12:00 pm [HN] - John W. Koller (family)
12:00 pm [HN] - Gerald AShoff (Bertell & Flister Families)
12:00 pm [SH] - Thomas Lyskava (Yniquez Famly)
8:00 am [SJ] - Joseph Rinkacs & family (Doris Rinkacs)
5:00 pm [HN] - Monica Held (Adam & Rachel Gilbert)
9:00 am [SJ] - Peg Jugan (Mike & sons)
11:30 am [HN] - Adolph Kuszaj (family)
January 7 - Saturday, 5:00 pm - Dylan Ernst & Madison Lapp
January 8 - Sunday, 9:00 am - Owen Provident & Paul Ruhl
January 8 - Sunday, 11:30 am - Kevin & Anita Funa
ALL THINGS NEW
- New Times for CCD Classes: Classes will resume on January 8 and classes will be held from 10:00 am to 11:15 am. This change was made in part so parents could go with their children to Mass, as well as fulfill their responsibility to provide a religious education. They can attend before or after CCD Classes.
- New Way of Taking Up the Sunday Collection: At the most recently held Joint Pastoral Council Meeting, Fr. Dennis suggested that we “just pass the collection basket once” at the weekend Masses. Everyone can put all their envelopes in the one collection and we will sort it out as we normally do. We will announce what the second envelope is for and then you can put in the one time the basket is passed. Both parish Pastoral Councils unanimously agree with this suggestion. This new procedure will begin this weekend, December 31/January 1.
YEAR END POPUILATION STATISTICS FOR BOTH PARISHES
Christ the Light of the World Parish
Families - 868 (1 person 330, 2 or more 538)
Number of Persons - 1862
Funerals - 58
Marriages - 9
Communions - 12
Baptisms - 38
St. Joseph Parish
Families - 364 (1 person 217, 2 or more 151)
Number of Persons - 601
Funerals - 20
Marriages - 1
Communions - 2
Baptisms - 6
We would like to thank the family of Noramae DiPaolo, who at the time of her death family and friends made memorial donations to Christ the Light of the World Parish. We are grateful for the $190.00 in donations.
ALL LECTORS, EUCHARISTIC MINISTERS AND SERVERS
The winter and spring schedules are ready to send. They will be mailed electronically to you on Tuesday, January 3rd. Make sure you pick up your emails.
HOLIDAY RAFFLE WINNERS
Dec. 25 (#635, Dan Onofrey), Dec. 26 (#156, Terry Fuller), Dec. 27 (#788, not purchased), Dec. 28
2012 CHILDREN'S CALENDARS
Calendars for families with children are available for you to take around the churches. They are sponsored for you by the Teichart-Gracan Funeral Home.
PLAYOFF RUN HOAGIE SALE
Our homemade hoagie sale returns the weekend of January 7 & 8, just in time for the Steelers run in the playoffs. This has been a great fundraiser for the parish and everyone’s participation is vital. Volunteers: The more the merrier. Making hoagies is a fun and social event. An opportunity to meet nice people who care about their parish. The time commitment is about 3 hours. Any time you give is appreciated. Come to Holy Name Hall at 8 am on January 7. Sellers: If anyone would like to sell to those at work, the office or at school. Take the orders and let us know how many you need and we will get them ready for you. You can take them to work on Monday fresh and delicious. Orders: to be sure you get some place and order this week. Call (412-469-0196)
THANK YOU RECEIVED
Dear Fr. Dennis: On behalf of all the residents at “Michael’s Place”, I want to express our gratitude for your generosity again this year. Your care and concern for these men over the years has, and continues to be a source of encouragement for all of us. Most men arrive to us with little else than the clothes on their back. Almost all bring baggage from the past: medical and dental problems, debt, estranged from family, little vocational training, spiritual bankruptcy. Here is a short paragraph from one of our graduates. Frank’s story is not unusual for our residents.
“I have been a 2 year resident and graduate of Michael’s Place. During my stay, I learned that it is not only a program designed to help men like me stay clean and sober but it is also a place where I was able to start a completely new life. When I entered, I had no idea where my life was going, I only knew I wanted to stay sober. With all the help offered, I found knowledge and strength to stay sober. I learned life skills. I was able to take care of financial and medical needs, I have built a relationship with my family. I attend trade school and have a job I used to dream about. For 2 years Michaels Place was not only my home, it is where my new life began. December 1, 2011 Franks story wouldn’t be possible without the generosity of people like you. Linda Kilderry, Director
PROTECTING GOD'S CHILDREN
According to the expanded Diocesan Policy everyone who volunteers and ministers in the parish or any Diocesan institution must have clearances completed and attend a informational learning workshop on child sexual abuse. We are trying to facilitate this process in an orderly manner as a “proactive” rather than a “reactive” approach. In light of the recent Penn State situation and the recent accusations against our Bishop, I would think that everyone would be willing to protect themselves, the parish, your pastor and most especially anyone who has been victimized. We have had 85% completion and compliance from our ministers and volunteers. Our goal is to have everyone compliant by the end of 2012.
How to get compliant:
- Pick up or ask us to send you the folder for you to fill out the necessary information. On line participation: if you choose you can do the paperwork “on line.” If you have any questions, call or email the safe environment coordinator, her information is at the end of the announcement.
- Attend the informational workshop: The Diocese has been very cooperative in allowing us to sponsor them at our own parish, so you don’t have to travel far. It will be held on Saturday, January 14, 2012 in Holy Name Hall beginning at 9 am. To register, call Terry Fuller (412-469-0196) or email email@example.com.
- Questions: You can contact our parish safe environment coordinator, Colleen Whitney (412-461-8318) or at (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Numbers 6: 22- 27 Gal. 4: 4 – 7 Luke 2: 16 - 21
$ 12,824.80 - December 25, 2011 Christmas Offertory
$ 326.00 - St. Hedwig Furnace Donations Received This Week ($15,026.00 total so far)
$ 1,216.00 - Children & Youth Charities (Christmas 2nd Collection)
$ 801.00 - Utilities
$ 541.00 - Parish Religious Education
$ 2,014.00 - Memorial Flowers
$ 5,690.00 - Reachout to the Needy
$ 1,000.00 - Amount of Gift Cards Donated
$ 170.00 - Love Gift Donations (8)