5:00 pm [HN] - Easter Vigil For All Parishioners
9:00 am [SJ] - Barbara S. DeRosse (Pat & Jhon)
11:30 am [HN] - Richard Bevan (Jim & Judy Hubbard)
12:00 pm [HN] - No Mass
12:00 pm [HN] - Richard Andrejchak (wife & sons)
12:00 pm [HN] - Lou Gaca (family)
12:00 pm [HN] - Ida Prosperi (son, John)
8:00 am [HN] - Angeline Ponist (Sandy Rozgonyi)
5:00 pm [HN] - Carl Denne & John Dubyak (family)
9:00 am [SJ] - Ken Younkin & Andy/Mary Skweres (Mary Louise)
11:30 am [HN] - Charles Lococo (wife, Garnet)
April 26 - Saturday - 5:00 pm - Dylan & Alexandra Ernst
April 27 - Saturday - 9:00 am - Tyler Gedman & Madison Deacon
April 27 - Sunday - 11:30 am - Colby Steinbruegge & Olivia Studnicki
SUMMER WEEKEND MASS SCHEUDLE
In a few short weeks, we will be starting our “summer weekend Mass schedule.” Please make note of the times and places. Saturday, 5:00 pm – Holy Name; Sunday, 8:30 am – St. Hedwig; Sunday, 10:00 am – Holy Name. This schedule goes from May 4 thru August 31.
PERFECT CCD ATTENDANCE 2013/2014:
Grade K – Gabriella Beresnyak, Isabella Capozzoli, Demi Carr, Jaden Dudek, Justin Horrell, Tanner Shaffer. Grade 1 – Sydney Dubyak, Bryce Kameg, Elana Mayor, Logan Thomas. Grade 2 – Anna Beresnyak, Bella Beresnyak, Emmet Chesleigh, Tristin Lippert, Cody Makar, Lucas Newmyer, Sophia Zabelsky. Grade 3 – Tori Carr, Athena Steinbruegge. Grade 4 – Zachary Ruffing. Grade 5 – Falyn Carr, Lucas Fagan, Lauren Jacobs, Megan Janusek, Jonathan Kovar. Grade 6 – McKechnie Duda, Luciano Logue, Alyssa Ruhl, Keara Shields, Julia Vislosky. Grade 7 – Joseph Jacobs, Shane Kuszaj, Haley Kuzma, Hallie Miller. Grade 8 – Christin Anastasie, Maura Brennan, Stephen Jacobs, Maximillion Loque, Daniel McKeever.
EASTER BUNNY RAFFLE
Ticket entrees: All tickets must be in to the rectory or the Easter collection to qualify as the Easter Sunday winner.
Many thanks to everyone who participated in any way to making our hoagie sales a huge success. We have sold out (700 – 750) every time we had a sale. To our many “hoagie construction workers:” After 3 years of practice you are all like watching a well rehearsed ballet, very fluid and very efficient. To all of you , many thanks for all your efforts and participation. You truly make this event fun and successful. See you in September.
SAVE THE DATES
- 10th Annual Golf Outing – Monday, June 16 – Youghigheny Golf Club
- Indoor/Outdoor Summer Flea Market – July 11, 12, 14 – [HN] Hall
- Joint Parish Family Picnic – Sunday, August 24 – Mifflin Social Club
- Joint Parish Designer Purse Bingo Fundraiser – Sunday, September 7 – Youghigheny Golf Club (anyone wishing to make a donation for the purchase of a “Designer Purse” should contact Debbie Stewart (412-596-5405) or Debbie@christthelightoftheworld.org . All proceeds will be split equally between both parishes. Stay tuned to the bulletin each week for all the details of these events so you can participate!!
ALTAR SERVER TRAINING
We have had about half a dozen boys and girls sign up to be trained as altar servers. We will be scheduling the training sessions during the month of May. We will be giving you a call and inform you through the bulletin.
CAPITAL CAMPAIGN NEWS
- Calling All Pledge Cards: We need to be accountable for all pledge cards to be returned. No matter what level of participation you choose, please return your pledge card asap.
- Our Targets: Christ the Light of the World’s target is $445,000.00 and St. Joseph’s target is $195,000.00. From the monies donated the Diocese will get 60% and the parish, 40%. If we go over the target, the parish gets 60% and the Diocese 40%.
- New Totals – Pledges/Donations: Christ the Light of the World - $158,360.00 St. Joseph - $47,240.00
- How you can help: You can make a pledge or an outright gift that you feel you are able to make. Only you know what you can afford. The pledge can be for 5 years (if your circumstance change, you are not bound by that commitment.) Prayerfully consider your gift; fill out the pledge card; mail it to the rectory, drop it off or in the collection by May 1 (we extended it a few weeks, since so many people were responding with donations/pledges).
LITTLE WINGS OF HOPE
“An Evening for Parents specifically designed to support the challenges of drug and alcohol abuse among their adolescents”: To be held Tuesday, April 29 for 7:00 – 9:00 pm, at St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Church Hall, 330 3rd Ave., Carnegie, Pa. Feature presenters from Caron Treatment Centers & Gateway Rehabilitation Center. The evening is designed to help recognize the face of addiction (signs & symptoms); prevention; tips for parents; treatment options. RSVP online: www.littlewingsofhope.org.
Resurrection/St. Rita Parishes, West Mifflin are hosting a “parish mission” May 5 -7 at 7:00 pm. The mission will be led by Deacons Ensley and Hermann. Topics include: Coping with the hurts of life; letting God heal us; new life after loss.
A pancake breakfast will be held at the Grace United Church of Christ (7th & Kennedy Ave., Duquesne) on Saturday, April 26 from 9 am to 1 pm. Menu includes: pancakes, sausage, juice, coffee. Donation: Adults -$5.00, Children (4 – 12, $3.00), children under 4 eat free. There will be a vendor & craft sale.
Acts 10: 34 - 43 Cols. 3: 1 - 4 John 20: 1 - 9
$ 7,419.75 - April 13, 2014 Offertory
$ 1,717.66 - Hoagie Sale Profit
$ 170.00 - Love Gift Donations (7)
REMEMBER YOUR PARISH
If you are able, how about giving your parish an Easter gift in your collection envelope this weekend.
NEXT WEEK'S SECOND ENVELOPE
Next week's second envelope will be for Parish Religious Education Programs.