5:00 pm [HN] - Conrad Mikula (Anne Radakovich)
9:00 am [SJ] - Paul Kuszaj (Cathherine Williams)
11:30 am [HN] - Friends and Family of Jack & Darlene Santone
12:00 pm [HN] - No Mass
12:00 pm [HN] - Marie Kovalcin (family)
12:00 pm [HN] - Diane Yurchison (Jim & Cookie McDermitt)
12:00 pm [HN] - Jeanne Martin (M/M Wm. Daley Jr.)
8:00 am [HN] - Josephine Adams (Dennis Legin)
5:00 pm [HN] - Judy Adams (Jennie Kingston)
9:00 am [SJ] - Elaine Pych (Rosemarie Burda)
11:30 am [HN] - Clara Jeroski (family)
Jan 31 - Saturday - 5:00 pm - Madison Deacon & Josh Revak
Feb 1 - Sunday - 9:00 am - Maura Brennan & Jack Cherkes
Feb 1 - Sunday - 11:30 am - Calvin Terza & Colby Steinbruegge
REST IN PEACE
Please remember Valeria Dzurikanin and Stephen Gonos, who rose to new life.
HEALTH ISSUES & CONCERNS UPDATE FOR FR. DENNIS
- This update is given to you so that everyone will be informed of what is going on with my health status and some of the issues that need addressed and changes that need to be made.
- Over the past several months, I have noticed an increase in fatigue and decrease in my muscular functions. The areas still affected are my hands and feet/legs. The disease at this point doesn’t seem to have progressed to any other organs. I can go for about 5 hours and then the fatigue sets in.
- Morning issues such as cleanliness, hygiene and dressing take me a minimal of 90 minutes. Ray Judy and Bill Randolph have graciously accepted the invitation to facilitate this issue. They are receiving training for this responsibility.
- One of the symptoms of ALS is “wasting – loss of weight.” I have been combating this with power drinks and bars, Ensure and most especially all the wonderful food that has been sent to the rectory.
- In order for me to conserve as much energy as possible, I am going to alter my weekend Mass routine. Beginning this week, I will do 11:30 am Mass and next weekend do 5:00 Mass. I will alternate back and forth every other weekend.
- I would ask for your continued prayers for strength and perseverance. I believe they have gone a long way already to keeping this disease intact.
FOR YOUR INFORMATION
- SUPERBOWL HOAGIE SALE: will be held on Superbowl Sunday weekend, February 1, 2015. We need volunteers to help build them on Saturday morning beginning at 8:00 am in the Holy Name Hall. Call in to reserve yours for your Superbowl party.
- FLOWER FUND LISTING: This listing will be available next weekend in the churches.
- 2015 INCOME TAX CONTRIBUTION STATEMENTS: Are available for any parishioner requesting one. You may call or email the rectory with your request (firstname.lastname@example.org.) They will be mailed on the Thursday of the week that you made the request.
- PATIENCE PLEASE!! I finally got the hundreds of cards that I received gathered and unsealed. Now I will begin the process of reading them and taking out the gifts. I love reading your sincere and heartfelt messages. So if a check was enclosed it may take some time to get it deposited. Thank for your kindness, Fr. Dennis
- 2015 CATHOLIC SCHOOL & PUBLIC HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS COLLECTION ENVELOPES: You may pick up your 2015 contribution envelopes in the Holy Name vestibule. CCD students should receive theirs at class on Sunday. If you do not receive any, call the rectory and we will get some for you.
- ORGAN RE-DEDICATION AND BLESSING: Since music is such an integral part of our parish liturgical life, we thought it appropriate to bless and rededicate this wonderful instrument. We have scheduled it for the weekend of February 7/8. Details will be made available in the coming weeks.
FIRST RECONCILIATION (CONFESSION) & FIRST COMMUNION FOR SECOND GRADERS
We have scheduled a training session for all parents whose children are in second grade and who will be celebrating their First Confession and First Holy Communion in the Spring. It will be held on Sunday, January 18 after the 11:30 am Mass, in the Holy Name Hall. All parents are expected to be present. Since children will be here for CCD and then attending Mass, they and the parents will have a light snack and then Nancy Lesko will conduct the session. Guidelines, worksheets, work books and instructions will be given out. The session will last about one hour.
HOLIDAY RAFFLE WINNERS
Christ the Light of the World: (B – blue ticket, Y – yellow ticket) –Jan.16 - #617 – B (not bought), Y (Theresa Gouker), Jan. 17 -#400 – B (Todd Lebowitz), Y (Kathy Evans), Jan. 18 - #884 – B (not bought), Y (W. Kostelnik), Jan. 19 - #595 – B (Michelle Merlo), Y (not bought), Jan. 20 -#581- B (Marcie Ward), Y (not bought), Jan.21 - #279 – B (not bought), Y (Diane Cook), Jan. 21 - #832 – B (not bought), Y (not bought).
St. Joseph Parish: (white tickets) – Jan. 16 - #617 (not bought), Jan. 17 -#400 (Mary Lou Maurer), Jan. 18 - #884 (William Schaming), Jan 19 - #595 (not bought), Jan.20 - #581 (Julie Schweitzer), Jan. 21 - #279 (A. Basser), Jan. 22 - #832 – (not bought).
MARDI GRAS PACZKI DANCE
St. Angela Parish, White Oak, is sponsoring this event on Sunday, February 8 from 3 – 7 pm. Music featuring – Henny and the Versa J’s. Foods available: kolbassi, haluski, pierogies, hot dogs and snacks. Tickets: $15.00 – adults, $5.00 – children 7 – 13. For tickets, call St. Angela (412-672-9641.)
Jonah 3: 1 - 10 1 Cor. 7: 29 - 31 Mk. 1: 14 - 20
FINANCIAL REPORT FOR ST. JOSEPH
$ 2,124.50 - January 18, 2015 Offertory
$ 214.00 - St. Anthony's
NEXT WEEK'S SECOND ENVELOPE FOR ST. JOSEPH
Next week's second envelope for St. Joseph will be for parish repairs.
St. Joseph Debt Reduction Update Report: 15 years ago (1999), when I became administrator of St. Joseph Parish, the debt owed to the Diocese was $390,000.00. Since then, we have methodically yet slowly have been trying to pay it back. So far, we have paid back $329,775.84. Thus leaving us a debt balance of $60,224.16. This is a great achievement, especially with all the other issues we have had to deal with. I just wanted everyone to be reminded of where we were and where we are, in hopes that you will continue to help. Thanks for all your efforts on behalf of St. Joseph Parish.
FINANCIAL REPORT FOR CLW
$ 4,255.50 - January 18, 2015 Offertory
$ 453.00 - St. Anthony's
$ 160.00 - Love Gift Donations (8)
NEXT WEEK'S SECOND ENVELOPE FOR CLW
Next week's second envelope will be for Parish Upkeep & Maintenance.