5:00 pm [HN] - Michael Maloney Jr. (Tom/Pat Strawn)
9:00 am [SJ] - 60th Wedding Anniv. – Arnold & Flo Zewe
11:30 am [HN] - Michael “Bricky” Anastas (family)
12:00 pm [HN] - No Mass
12:00 pm [SH] - Funeral – Ann Jakub
12:00 pm [HN] - Helen & Joe Kecse (sister, Mary)
12:00 pm [HN] - Anna Kosko (Christian Mothers)
8:00 am [HN] - Rudy Tarabek (family)
5:00 pm [HN] - Rudy Tarabek (family)
9:00 am [SJ] - All Souls Memorial Mass
11:30 am [HN] - All Souls Memorial Mass
Nov 1 - Saturday - 5:00 pm - Justin Molanick & Colby Steinbruegge
Nov 2 - Sunday - 9:00 am - Tyler & Ryan Gedman
Nov 2 - Sunday - 11:30 am - Shane Kuszaj & Falyn Carr
REST IN PEACE
Please remember Dorothy Carothers and Ann Jakub, who died and rose to new life this week.
BAPTIZED IN CHRIST
Congratulations to the family of Harry Leber, who is being baptized this weekend.
ALL SOULS REMEMBRANCES
“Books of Remembrances:” You will find today in the center aisle of both of our churches the “Memorial Books” in which you are asked to write the names of all your deceased family, friends and loved ones who have died and whom you would like to have remembered in a special way at our All Souls celebrations on Sunday, November 2 at both the 9:00 am and 11:30 am Masses.“Masses of Remembrance:” On Sunday, November 2, there will be a special Mass of Remembrance for all those who died since last All Souls Day from Christ the Light of the World Parish and St. Joseph Parish. Invitations are being sent to one family member of those to be remembered and they are asked to notify other family members.
HOMEMADE HOAGIE SALE
We will be having our next sale next weekend, November 1 & 2 after all the weekend Masses. Volunteers: Last month, we had a record number of volunteers helping (50) and the work time was diminished greatly. We hope everyone comes back again this month. For those of you who never volunteer for any parish activity, maybe this would be a good time for you to start and be a part of the great and good things happening in your parish.
SETHSTRONG FUNDRAISER THANK YOU
Unbelievably, another once in a life time event has taken place in our parish. For those of you who missed it, we can’t explain what a wonderful and spiritually fulfilling evening it was. We began with Fr, Dennis and Fr. Tom leading the 310 attendees in celebrating the Sacrament of the Sick and everyone raising their hands in silent prayer asking for the Holy Spirit to bring healing.
- Thanks goes to Kathy Kuszaj and literally dozens and dozens of people who volunteered and helped make and serve and donate mounds of appetizers, desserts and refreshments. To those who decorated, set up, cleaned up, donated specialty baskets (104).
- Because of the generosity of so many, we realized a profit of $19,717.00
2015 MASSES BEING SCHEDULED
You may begin scheduling Masses for next year. You are now able to schedule 4 a year. In order to make this process easy, you will need to follow the following procedures:
- You may schedule Mass at any time, in any church on a first come first served basis.
- Only two can be scheduled on a weekend, the other 2 must be scheduled during the week.
- Only phone calls will be accepted. No walk ins at the rectory will be taken.
- Fr. Dennis will assist you personally. No other staff member can schedule a Mass.
- You may call between 9 am & 3 pm, Monday thru Friday (412-469-0196). If Fr. Dennis is not available, go to voice mail. Leave your name and phone number. He will return your call in the order received.
- When calling have the dates, times, place, intention ready & available.
FROM THE GHOST OF CHRISTMAS FUTURE
For those of you who plan ahead and those looking for gift ideas for Christmas, note that there is being planned a sale of Christ the Light of the World/St. Joseph monogrammed hoodies, sweatshirts and golf shirts AND beautiful glass CLW/St. Joseph Christmas tree ornaments. Details to follow. Be like Ebaneezer was AFTER my visit.
OTHER EVENTS FROM AROUND THE AREA
- ANNUAL GALA: The Jodie Matta – Dillinger Cancer Resource Center is having it’s annual gala on Nov. 1, 2014 at the Youghiogheny Country Club in Elizabeth. All proceeds from the event enable the center to offer 100% free service to cancer patients and their families. This year the JMD will honor it’s Cancer Care Champion – Reverend Dennis Colamarino. Tickets include: dinner, entertainment at $100 person/$175 couple. For tickets and information, call Cathy Matta (412-672-5330.)
- NIGHT AT THE RACES: hosted by the Croation Club of Duquesne, 1111 West Grant Ave., Duq. For the Duquesne Volunteer Fire Department on November 8. Doors open at 6 pm. Races begin at 7pm.
- ROAST BEEF DINNER: hosted by the Grace United Church of Christ, Kennedy Ave., Duquesne on November 8 from 3:30 – 6:30 pm. Donation: Adults - $9.00, Children - $5.00. Benefit – Furnace Fund.
- CRAFT AND VENDOR SHOW: at Christ Lutheran Church, Kennedy Ave. Duquesne on November 15 from 9 am – 4 pm. Bake Sale, Lunch, Raffles
- A FAMILY NEEDS HELP: Tom Regina and his mother, Mary need upcoming temporary aide help. Mary needs help getting out of bed, washing and dressing each Sunday at 8 am and Friday at 7 am. For less than one hour - $20.00 per visit. If you find it in your heart to help, call Tom (412-466-4068.)
Ex. 20: 22 - 26 1 Thes. 1: 5 - 10 Mt. 22: 34 - 40
$ 6,202.80 - October 19, 2014 Offertory
$ 200.00 - Love Gifts (4)
NEXT WEEK'S SECOND ENVELOPE
Next week's second envelope will be for Parish Upkeep & Maintenance.