5:00 pm [HN] - Adam Maloney (Family)
9:00 am [SJ] - William J. Daley, Sr. (Buddai Family)
11:30 am [HN] - Eva Tabone (Gilbert Family)
12:00 pm [HN] - No Mass
12:00 pm [HN] - Mary Gaca (Family)
12:00 pm [HN] - Bob Westerlund (Martha & Family)
12:00 pm [HN] - Ellen Ann Curran-Cheke (Daughters Patty & Kathleen)
8:00 am [HN] - Joseph Serenka (Dan Isaacs)
5:00 pm [HN] - Dolores Werntges (Bill, Nancy & Judy)
9:00 am [SJ] - Andrew Dubiak. (Great Grandchildren)
11:30 am [HN] - Michael Sowa (Mildred Kotulsky)
Mar 28 - Saturday - 5:00 pm - Alexandra Ernst and Shane Kuszaj
Mar 29 - Sunday - 9:00 am - Ryan and Tyler Gedman
Mar 29 - Sunday - 11:30 am - Maura Brennen and Josh Revak
*Altar Servers for Holy Week refer to your schedules. You will be called for practice. *
WELCOME NEW MEMBERS
We welcome John Polefko, Robert Denacola and Barbara Jozefov who have recently joined our parish family.
REST IN PEACE
Please remember Anna Gryak who died and rose to new life this week.
HOLY WEEK BEGINS NEXT WEEKEND
- Holy Thursday: we will begin at 7:00 pm in Holy Name Church. There will be a coin offering for the poor and the needy. Procession: We will have our annual outdoor procession up to St. Hedwig Church. Bring a candle in an upside down plastic bottle to carry in our prayerful candlelight procession. If parents could provide safety lights or battery operated candles for the children to carry instead of candles, we can be on the safe side. For those who have trouble walking, meet us up at St. Hedwig for the closing ceremony. This ceremony is a great teachable moment for children. St. Hedwig Church will remain open one half hour after the ceremony.
- Good Friday: The celebration of the Liturgy of the Word, Veneration of the Cross and Communion will begin at 12:00 noon in Holy Name Church. The collection will be for the Holy Land. Good Friday is a day of fast & abstinence.
- Blessing of Easter Foods: will take place on Saturday, April 2 – 12 noon – Holy Name Church.
- Holy Saturday – Easter Vigil: 5:00 pm [HN] Church, Easter Sunday: 9:00 am [SJ] Church, 11:30 am [HN] Church. The Easter Candle and New Water will be blessed at the 9:00 am Mass also.
EASTER BUNNY RAFFLE
This raffle will run from April 5 thru May 10 with a $100.00 winner each day, except Easter Sunday & Mother’s Day - $200.00 prize. The winner is based on the PA daily 3 digit evening lottery. This is a great gift for an Easter basket stuffer, as well as a great way to support YOUR parish. All sold and unsold tickets must be returned by April 5th (Easter) or in the Easter Sunday collection. If you need a few more, call the rectory.
PALM SUNDAY BREAKFAST BUFFET
The Caring Ministry is hosting a “Buffet Breakfast” on Palm Sunday, March 29 in the Holy Name Hall from 9 am - 1:30 pm. Menu includes: scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, chipped beef on biscuits, home fries, French toast, fresh fruit, rolls, juice, coffee, tea. Donation: adults - $7.00, family special: children (1st child – 12 & under) - $4.00 – other children eat free.
- Volunteer: We need volunteers to work this event that morning. It is a great opportunity for those who work during the week to volunteer. If you can help, call Debbie Lesko (412-297-1732) or Terry Fuller (412-466-4223) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Make a Donation: If anyone would like to make a monetary donation to help defray costs, send it to the rectory or drop in the collection. Mark the envelope “BREAKFAST.”
- Baked Goods: If anyone would like to donate baked goods to be sold, bring them to the hall that morning.
EASTER FLOWER SALE
We will be selling Easter flowers on Palm Sunday at the Buffet Breakfast and after Saturday evening Mass. Varieties include lilies, tulips, hyacinths, hydrangeas & daisy mums at various prices.
STITCHES OF LOVE KNITTING/CROCHET GROUP UPDATE
Our needles and hooks were on fire in 2014 as we completed the following projects: Our Purple Hats and White Hat and Booties for the newly baptized are a continuing project for us. Other projects included: An afghan and angel for Palm Sunday Breakfast Raffle; a Steelers afghan, pillow and slippers were made to welcome Father Tom. A Golf Outing basket included a Steelers afghan, pillow, club covers, teddy bear, football slippers and tree top angel; a #Sethstrong basket included an afghan and supplies for a cozy evening – this was given directly to Seth and Meredith. Our Thanksgiving Outreach included 11 bags full of baby afghans, hats, gloves, slippers and scarves for babies, children and adults, and 80 tossle caps, gloves and scarves were given to the Boys and Girls Club in Duquesne for Christmas. Thanks to the generosity of many who donated yarn for our group. We are excited to be starting off 2015 with a “Prayer Squares” project for all our fellow parishioners which will be kicking off next Sunday.
Next Sunday (Palm Sunday) there will be containers around the church with “Prayer Squares” made by the “Stitches of Love” group. Please take one and carry it in your pocket or purse. A note is attached to each one to remind you that you are loved, cared for, and prayed for always. We will continue to replenish the containers over the next few weeks so that hopefully every parishioner will be able to have one.
LADY LOCKS FOR EASTER
The Hungarian Reformed Church of Duquesne will be selling their homemade Lady Locks for Easter. $7.00 a dozen. Orders must be placed by Tuesday, March 24. To place your order, call Barbara (412-469-2185.) Orders can be picked up Saturday, March 28 from noon until 3:00 pm.
We will soon begin cutting grass at the parish cemeteries. For the safety of our groundskeepers we are asking that ALL decorations be removed from the cemeteries by April 1st.
Ezekiel 37: 12-14 Romans 8: 8-11 John 11: 1-45
FINANCIAL REPORT FOR ST. JOSEPH
$ 2,464.35 - March 15, 2015 Offertory
$ 192.00 - Campaign for Human Development
$ 120.00 - Because I Care
FINANCIAL REPORT FOR CLW
$ 5,723.50 - March 15, 2015 Offertory
$ 314.00 - Campaign for Human Development
$ 1,530.27 - Hoagie Sale Profit
$ 460.00 - Love Gift Donations (10)
NEXT WEEK'S SECOND ENVELOPE
Next week's second envelope will be for utilities.