3:00 pm [HN] - Wedding of Daniel Wisniewski & Julie Murrray
5:00 pm [HN] - Eugene “Skip” Opatick (wife & children)
8:30 am [SH] - Conrad, Sylvia & Ricky Kolar (Kolar Family)
10:00 am [HN] - Paul Kuszaj (Shirley Daley)
12:00 pm [HN] - No Mass
12:00 pm [HN] - Arthur Eicholtz Jr. (M/M Tom Gray)
12:00 pm [HN] - No Mass
12:00 pm [HN] - Mary Meskanick (M/M Robert Yurko)
8:00 am [HN] - No Mass
5:00 pm [HN] - Angeline Ponist (M/M Paul Budai)
8:30 am [SH] - Frank & Louise Belback (family)
10:00 am [HN] - Jack Onderisin (Sis & Dave)
July 26 - Saturday - 5:00 pm - Avi & Autumn Adams
July 27 - Saturday - 10:00 am - Tyler & Ryan Gedman
Another very successful summer flea market is completed. We would like to thank not only chairwoman, Louise Yevick and her dozen or so ladies who accept donations, go through the boxes, wash and price everything for three weeks but also the dozens of volunteers who sell outside and inside; who donate baked goods and food items; who cook and prepare food, baked goods, who sell chances; who come at 7am to set up outside and close at days end. This could not be successful without so many. This year, we realized a profit of $7,147.57.
ST. JOSEPH CEMETERY NEWS
This week, we were notified that this month the water usage at St. Joseph Cemetery was 86,000 gallons/ one day was 2,000 gallons. We think it is an underground break. The water has been shut off and so until this problem is resolved, please take advantage of two other water sources for your plants – bring some with you from home or wait for God to respond with rain.
FLEA MARKET CHINESE AUCTION WINNERS
#1. Wine/Glassware (Tony Chepanoske), #2 Lenox Teapot (L. Ross), #3 Picnic Basket (Jenny Jakub), #4 Quilt Set (Bernice Bitkowski), #5 Exercise Basket (Carol), #6 Sheet Set (Glory Koerbel), #7 Mr. Coffee (Geri England), #8 Bed Spread (L. Ross), #9 Steeler Wreaths (Bernice Bitkowski), #10 Quilt (Betty Karichko), #11 Chef Pan (Shirley Kenderas) #12 Radio Outdoor Set (Fr. Dennis), #13 Steeler Bag & Wreath (Ashley Legin), #14 Spa Set (Brooke), #15 Tablecloth & Napkins (Evelyn Pasternak), #16 Char broil & Utensils (Chris Vasy), #17 Luggage (Rich Lesko), #18 Cupcake Maker (Linda Hickman), #19 Electric Knife/Wok (Betty Karichko), #20 Deep Fryer (Linda Ross), #21 Kerosene Heater (Duane Waddle), #22 G. Card Olive Garden (Geri England), #23 G. Card – Longhorn (Jamie Zabelsky), #24 – G. Card – Outback (Caroline Gilmore), #25 G. Card – Home Depot (Fr. Dennis.)
DESIGNER PURSE BINGO & LUNCHEON
A fun filled afternoon is being planned at the Youghigheny Country Club on Sunday, September 14, 2014 (The Steelers are not playing that Sunday.) Come out and join in the fun and excitement of winning a designer purse! Doors open at 12 noon. Lunch will be served at 1:00 pm. Bingo begins at 2:00 pm.
- Prizes include Vera Bradley, Coach, Dooney & Burke, Tori Burch, Michael Kors and many other designers. There will be a Chinese auction, 50/50, and strip tickets. All proceeds will be split between Christ the Light of the World and St. Joseph Parishes.
- Price is $30.00 per person, includes lunch. Tickets go on sale Monday, July 7. To order your’s, call the rectory or email Debbie@christthelightoftheworld.org
- Get a bunch of your family members and friends for a “Ladies Day Out.”
- If anyone would like to donate a chinese auction basket or make a monetary donation towards the purchase of a designer prize, it would be greatly appreciated.
2nd ANNUAL JOINT PARISH FAMILY PICNIC
Plans are well under way for our second annual joint parish family picnic. For the 200 people that attended last year, it was quite the memorable experience. We hope to build on that momentum and have even a bigger, better fun filled experience for everyone of all ages.
- When/Where: It will be held on Sunday, August 24 from 1 – 7 pm at the West Mifflin Social Club, 4025 Irene St., West Mifflin.
- Featuring: Kids games and prizes, horseshoes, volleyball, corn hole games, music & dancing. Menu includes: Hamburgers, hot dogs, pulled pork and more covered dishes, salads desserts and appetizers than you could imagine.
- Planning Meeting/Volunteers: There will be a planning meeting on Thursday, July 24th at 6:30 pm in the [HN] Hall. We need some volunteers the day of the picnic to set up tables, serve food & drink, help with games and activities. If you can help, come to the meeting or call Doug Vranish (412-969-8222.)
- Reservations: We will begin taking reservations on July26/27 for families planning to attend. You will be asked to donate a covered dish item or dessert, plus a case of pop or water. Kristie England will orchestrate these so we don’t have multiples of the same food items.
RELIGIOUS EDUCATION NEWS
We have had some inquiries about religious education/CCD for the coming school year, so we thought we would give everyone a heads up on some things parents will need to know.
- Online registration: will be held the month of August and “in person registration” will be held at the beginning of September. Parents can choose which way they wish to register. Details, as well as registration deadlines will be published later in July.
- Confirmation: we will be celebrating the Sacrament of Confirmation in the Spring. The students in 9th and 10th grade this coming school year and who have attended three consecutive years of religious education will be eligible. Details will be published in September.
GOLDEN WEDDING ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION
The Diocese of Pittsburgh will be having its annual celebration for all couples celebrating 50 years of marriage. It will be held on Sunday, October 12 at 2:30 pm in St. Paul Cathedral. Any golden anniversary couple wishing to receive an invitation from the Diocese should call the rectory and leave your name, address and phone by August 10. These will then be forwarded to the Diocese.
SAVE THE DATE: MEN'S RETREAT
We would like all men of our parishes to consider making a retreat with other men of our parishes this year. It will be held at St. Paul Monastery, Southside on Sept. 26 thru 28. This years theme is: “Bringing Hope and Compassion to a Hurting World.” Contacts and other info will be forth coming.
Wis. 12:13 - 19 Rms. 8: 26 -27 Mt. 13: 24 - 43
$ 5,276.13 - July 13, 2014 Offertory
$ 70.00 - Love Gift Donations (3)